Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CD10 U/S in two days. What size follicles are needed for trigger and IUI?

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:59 AM
  • 13 Replies

Having my first ultrasound on CD10 to prepare for trigger shot and IUI. What exactly are they looking for? What would be ideal?

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alteschulemom
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:09 PM

I went in last month for a CD10 and they said they could see the follicles growing but coudln't tell how many or which ovary yet.  They said it was just to early.  Went back on CD14 and there was one on the left.  It wasn't ready yet.  Went back on CD16 and it was ready and almost to release and they did the trigger shot to make sure it released.

I don't knwo what size they were.

lbrummett
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I believe at least 18mm. My last round of clinic 3 months ago I went in on cd12 and they were 20 and 22mm and they said those were great. I got to trigger that day. I go in Sunday for my cd12 us and hopefully trigger and will schedule iui. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
over40bride
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Quoting alteschulemom:

I went in last month for a CD10 and they said they could see the follicles growing but coudln't tell how many or which ovary yet.  They said it was just to early.  Went back on CD14 and there was one on the left.  It wasn't ready yet.  Went back on CD16 and it was ready and almost to release and they did the trigger shot to make sure it released.

I don't knwo what size they were.

Thank you. Yikes! I hope they don't tell me I'm too early. u/s $275 a pop. Don't want more than I need.

over40bride
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Quoting lbrummett:

I believe at least 18mm. My last round of clinic 3 months ago I went in on cd12 and they were 20 and 22mm and they said those were great. I got to trigger that day. I go in Sunday for my cd12 us and hopefully trigger and will schedule iui. Good luck!

Thank you. Good to know. Good luck to you too! FX

mama2gg
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this
When I did mine my re would trigger at 16mm or larger but really wanted 18-20mm for best result
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Anything over 18-20mm they will trigger usually........
over40bride
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Are they looking for anything else beside follicles?

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting over40bride:

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Ya they usually measure the uterus lining too, anything over 7mm is optimal I think it is...........also checking blood flow, ovary size, number of follicles etc!

Cynthia86
by Cynthia on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this
My clinic wanted at least 18mm. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
over40bride
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Quoting over40bride:

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Ya they usually measure the uterus lining too, anything over 7mm is optimal I think it is...........also checking blood flow, ovary size, number of follicles etc!

Thank you. I'm worried it's too soon for the U/S but I think he planned it for then because I was scared that I Oed before my trigger last time.

I am having an unusually long period this time. Well, IDK if it's still technically my period but I'm on CD8 and for the last 3 days I haven't needed a pad or tampon but every time I wipe there is a little red blood. Does that mean I will O later?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)