Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ive started temping but

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:25 PM
  • 8 Replies
What does it all mean? What am i looking for? It just confuses me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
pistachio479
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:29 PM

I would like to know this too...I think that I will start temping soon too (just to know if I am actually o'ing or not).

ShellBeth
by Michelle on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:29 PM

You take your temperature first thing in the morning before you move, speak, get out of bed to go pee etc. Write it down in a chart or in a program that keeps track of it. Around the time of ovulation your temperature spikes. Once you have 3 (i think) days of sustained higher temperatures you can pinpoint when you ovulated. This will help you know if you DTD at the right time and help plan for the next cycle. If you use your temperature chart in connection with OPKs and check your cervical mucus you can start predicting when you will ovulate a few days in advance so you can plan.
This is my understanding anyways. If I am wrong I am sure I will get corrected so look for more answers. 

mama2gg
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:30 PM
You are not looking for anything the program will do it all for you

When you chart you will get a thermal shift three DAYS after you O

All charting does it tell you when you did in fact O and how long your lp is once you start next cycle

When you O your program will give you coverline and crosshairs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caitipenn
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Oh ok. I got fertility friend app on my phone n it says i will o for 6 days. Idk. But i see people that know they r out beford there period comes by there temp im guessing how does that work.

Quoting mama2gg:

All charting does it tell you when you did in fact O and how long your lp is once you start next cycle

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2585
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Quoting caitipenn:

Oh ok. I got fertility friend app on my phone n it says i will o for 6 days. Idk. But i see people that know they r out beford there period comes by there temp im guessing how does that work.

Quoting mama2gg:

My understanding is that temping predicts pregnancy by staying high past the day af should have arrived. The luteal phase has the higher temperatures. Temps go up after O and stay elevated until af shows and the next cycle begins. If af is not going to show, then the temps stay high past the predicted arrival of af. 

mama2gg
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:12 PM
You will not O for 6 days
Ff.com predicts you highest fertility days based off old charts (if this is your first chart its guessing it gets better and learns your body better after 2-4 months of charting)

As far as knowing your out with temps

That is post O on 11-15dpo with either a temp drop showing af is on her way OR they know there bodies well enough and know how long there lp is and that they would have gotten a positive test by then ..

It take 3-6 months to know your body well enough from charting to know what's going on (best guess as no one KNOWS till af comes or bfp)

Quoting caitipenn:

Quoting mama2gg:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caitipenn
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Ya i know i dont ovulate that long lol. I just didnt know if the program was that good or not

Quoting mama2gg:

Ff.com predicts you highest fertility days based off old charts (if this is your first chart its guessing it gets better and learns your body better after 2-4 months of charting)

That is post O on 11-15dpo with either a temp drop showing af is on her way OR they know there bodies well enough and know how long there lp is and that they would have gotten a positive test by then ..

It take 3-6 months to know your body well enough from charting to know what's going on (best guess as no one KNOWS till af comes or bfp)

Quoting caitipenn:

Quoting mama2gg:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShellBeth
by Michelle on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this

What you may be seeing is the data starting to take shape. My chart right now is showing 4 fertile days because ovulation hasnt been detected yet. Until you get more informaion in there it may be showing you more fertile days (in green I think) but it doesnt show the day of ovulation until after it happens.

Quoting caitipenn:

Ya i know i dont ovulate that long lol. I just didnt know if the program was that good or not

Quoting mama2gg:

Quoting caitipenn:

Quoting mama2gg:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)