Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feel silly asking this question but no question ever hurts...about ovulation...ttc my 3rd.....

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:56 PM
  • 3 Replies

This might sound crazy, especially since i already have 2 kids. Well i am sort of trying for my third, my LMP was december 17th and lasted its normal 7 days. According to the lovely world of science, i should of ovulated 2 weeks after i started my last period. Which means i should of ovulated yesterday. Well, i was babysitting my bff's daughter all day yesterday and all day today so me and hubby weren't able to bd, but we have bded every other day since my last period ended. Now here is the silly question, even though we didn't make love on the exact day i ovulated but every other day up until then, can we still catch the egg? I would love to hear similar stories with happy endings just for reassurance.

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Hannahsmommy816
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:58 PM

yea you should be able to still :) sperm can live for 5 days inside!

i am also ttc our 3rd and i ovulated on the 21st.....we dtd on the 20,21,22. i'm pretty sure you can conceive a few days before and a few days after the O.

check out mymonthlycycles.com and enter your information and it'll tell you about 4 days you are fertile around, and you can see if it lines up!

SexyDiva19
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:02 PM

I use MMC as well but it requires you to know your LP as well as the length of your cycle days so for O calculators I usually use WebMD or Fertility Friend because I have no clue what my LP is. My cycle lengths vary as well from 31-33 days so for me AF could be due between tomorrow and Saturday.

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

yea you should be able to still :) sperm can live for 5 days inside!

i am also ttc our 3rd and i ovulated on the 21st.....we dtd on the 20,21,22. i'm pretty sure you can conceive a few days before and a few days after the O.

check out mymonthlycycles.com and enter your information and it'll tell you about 4 days you are fertile around, and you can see if it lines up!

3kidz123
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:33 PM

sperm live 3-5 days and egg 12-24hours

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)