Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

basic question

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:59 PM
  • 12 Replies
I know this is stupid but I was wandering can someone explain to me on how to read a temping chart? I have never tempted be4 and I am gonna start in the morning. I would search it but I am at work and can't do much on my phone. So if anyone would be kind enough to explain I would be very grateful.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2gg
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:23 PM

There is NOTHING stupid to ask everyone starts somewhere...

You don't read one really the program does everything for you , there is nothing to read until after you O and it gives you Crosshairs (red lines) three days post O, then once you O you wait and see when AF comes take the time from O-AF and that is your LP (this will rarely change my vary a day here and there)

But really there is nothing a chart tells you other then AFTER you O , and how long your LP is and when AF is really due after a few months of charting

Its a way to know IN FACT you are Oing, when it happened, how long lp is , and when AF is really due, again AFTER you chart for a few cycles

You just dont move, dont talk, dont drink and take temp every am before ANYTHING at the same time, put  temps into program and wait to see what it tells you

wantstickybean4
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:27 PM

fertility friend is a good one to use for temps, as it gives you a chart and does other things too, its an app u get on ur phone or online... try it!

kellyesjester
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Oh tyvm. So u get crosshairs 3 days after u o? Kk I get it now...I told my husband I wanted to start to see if I was oing or not or what was going on..ty again

Quoting mama2gg:

You don't read one really the program does everything for you , there is nothing to read until after you O and it gives you Crosshairs (red lines) three days post O, then once you O you wait and see when AF comes take the time from O-AF and that is your LP (this will rarely change my vary a day here and there)

But really there is nothing a chart tells you other then AFTER you O , and how long your LP is and when AF is really due after a few months of charting

Its a way to know IN FACT you are Oing, when it happened, how long lp is , and when AF is really due, again AFTER you chart for a few cycles

You just dont move, dont talk, dont drink and take temp every am before ANYTHING at the same time, put  temps into program and wait to see what it tells you

kellyesjester
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Dloading now..ty

Quoting wantstickybean4:

fertility friend is a good one to use for temps, as it gives you a chart and does other things too, its an app u get on ur phone or online... try it!

mama2gg
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:33 PM

yes you will , and there is NO problem what so ever it's what the group is here for :)) best of luck I hope you only need it for a cycle or two before you get your BFP!

Quoting kellyesjester:

Oh tyvm. So u get crosshairs 3 days after u o? Kk I get it now...I told my husband I wanted to start to see if I was oing or not or what was going on..ty again

Quoting mama2gg:

kellyesjester
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Me too I have been trying for 10 months now. And gl to u also. Hoping this will help me out

Quoting mama2gg:

yes you will , and there is NO problem what so ever it's what the group is here for :)) best of luck I hope you only need it for a cycle or two before you get your BFP!

Quoting kellyesjester:

Quoting mama2gg:

mama2gg
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Thanks you I already got my bfo after 4 years :) just hanging around to help I'm almost 7 months :))

Quoting kellyesjester:

Me too I have been trying for 10 months now. And gl to u also. Hoping this will help me out

Quoting mama2gg:

Quoting kellyesjester:

Quoting mama2gg:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kellyesjester
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Ohhh well congratz! I have 2 already am ttc #3 and final one but never tried for the first 2. My first was antibiotics canceling my bc and my second was a result of no bc and bding everyday sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. I wasn't trying but wasn't preventing. It was a lot easier back then now we r fighting factors such as finding time and my dh has medical problems causing low testostrone and other stuff...ok I have talked to much now lol he would kill me if he knew I told that.

Quoting mama2gg:

Thanks you I already got my bfo after 4 years :) just hanging around to help I'm almost 7 months :))

Quoting kellyesjester:

Quoting mama2gg:

Quoting kellyesjester:

Quoting mama2gg:

mama2gg
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:39 PM
If you need to vent I'm here we have some in common

Dh has low testosterone he had to have fertility treatments to help sperm count

I have low progesterone and had 11 losses before this one

Quoting kellyesjester:

Ohhh well congratz! I have 2 already am ttc #3 and final one but never tried for the first 2. My first was antibiotics canceling my bc and my second was a result of no bc and bding everyday sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. I wasn't trying but wasn't preventing. It was a lot easier back then now we r fighting factors such as finding time and my dh has medical problems causing low testostrone and other stuff...ok I have talked to much now lol he would kill me if he knew I told that.

Quoting mama2gg:

Quoting kellyesjester:

Quoting mama2gg:

Quoting kellyesjester:

Quoting mama2gg:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kellyesjester
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Well ty. He takes shots every other week but he hasn't been tested yet for his sperm count or anything. He also has ed...he is only 31 but here in the last 2 years he has gotten to where he can't perform well at all. I say it is due to his back problems and the low t but all these factors hurt and he wants another baby real bad too and he don't handle it very well when af shows cuz he feels like he had failed.

Quoting mama2gg:

If you need to vent I'm here we have some in common

Dh has low testosterone he had to have fertility treatments to help sperm count

I have low progesterone and had 11 losses before this one

Quoting kellyesjester:

Quoting mama2gg:

Quoting kellyesjester:

Quoting mama2gg:

Quoting kellyesjester:

Quoting mama2gg:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN