Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a little OT need to vent.

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Mel
  • 12 Replies

I am not going to deny that I am jealous. When DH (24) and I (23) were engaged we were so sure that we would have everything in order to start trying after our wedding in September. Then September came and we had two cars on the verge of dying but we tried that month...and got BFN and decided to wait until June after the cruise my parents bought for us.Then November came and I got laid off. Then December came, I am still laid off and we had to buy a new car and scrap our other car. Now as a one car couple, it is so hard to find a job that has hours I can drop him off/pick him up at work because I never know when he is out because he is a service plumber for SEARS. I wanted to be in a condo/house when we had kids, and now that all seems so distant and untangible. I think that being home since 11/26 is really taking a toll on me and my mood, becaus I want to help out and work again so we can have a house and so that in June we are financially ready to start a family. Also, because I am gettiing quite irritated with our landlord of 14 months.

It seems that everyone around me is pregnant or just had a baby. Alot of them not even planned and couples that are VERY unstable. I am not judging anyone, because I am not in their relationship but I wish that was me and Brian. Every time I log onto FB it is a belly pic or a baby pic. It's pulling at my heart strings. 

I am needing some serious positive feedback. Thanks ladies (:

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shackelford8610
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:12 PM

I am so sorry your going through all this!!! ;,-( I dont know what exactly to say but I just hope and pray you get your BFP soon! Ill send baby dust your way ;-) I understand about the house and stuff because same thing happened to hubby and I... Its been 2 1/2 years and we are finally getting what we started out to do since day one.

mdm122789
by Mel on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Thank you, the hardest part is that my mom is so judgemental and I let her thoughts interfere with mine, when I should not. She always says if you have kids before a house, you'll never have a house. Or when I was working part time she told me I was slacking. I just right now really do not have a strong support system except for my husband and one very close friend because everyone is so judgemental because we are so young, even though we are married. 

RMK510
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Well I would have to say that your mother saying that if you have children before getting a house then you will never get a house is simply just not true. We had an apartment when we tried for our first son and here we are now with 2 sons and a house. You can do it too!!:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shackelford8610
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband and I have gotten that as well, Just look at it this way... We can all be your support group here!!! ;-D

Quoting mdm122789:

Thank you, the hardest part is that my mom is so judgemental and I let her thoughts interfere with mine, when I should not. She always says if you have kids before a house, you'll never have a house. Or when I was working part time she told me I was slacking. I just right now really do not have a strong support system except for my husband and one very close friend because everyone is so judgemental because we are so young, even though we are married. 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
RMK510
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:22 PM
And my husband and I were "young parents" (23) also. We got a lot of those comments to but we were ready and we worked hard to make it work. I am sure you can do it too.. baby dust being sent your way!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mdm122789
by Mel on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Thank you so much everyone (: It really means a lot. I come here for all of the advice and support that I can get. Thankfully, you all are so kind and generous with your words. I think that we will end up trying in June and just see what happens (; A two bedroom apartment for a little while would not be so bad. Do you all have any advice or tips for when June rolls around? 

mdm122789
by Mel on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:39 PM

BUMP!

DavonnaC
by Davonna on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:40 PM

What's your wedding date? I got married September 21 and I'm wanting to try around july(ish) we are in a one bedroom house but are doing pretty well otherwise. I figure the baby can stay with us till we add on lol. I also need to get a new car because I have a two door car. Here's hoping we get summer bfps! Glad I'm not the only one group stalking early lol 

mdm122789
by Mel on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:43 PM

9/8/12, our cruise is june 7-14. so as of the 7th we will be trying. We live on the top floor of a house, it's just a 1BR though. How old are you and your husband? Would be nice to talk to someone in the same boat! Haha

Quoting DavonnaC:

What's your wedding date? I got married September 21 and I'm wanting to try around july(ish) we are in a one bedroom house but are doing pretty well otherwise. I figure the baby can stay with us till we add on lol. I also need to get a new car because I have a two door car. Here's hoping we get summer bfps! Glad I'm not the only one group stalking early lol 

DavonnaC
by Davonna on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Dh turned 25 right before our wedding and I turned 24 right after lol. I actually messed up a couple of days of my bc (holidays) so I'm testing in another week... Pretty sure it will be negative so we will be trying in the summer so that hopefully ill have the baby while school is on break or close to it (I work as an oral interpreter at a school) 

Quoting mdm122789:

9/8/12, our cruise is june 7-14. so as of the 7th we will be trying. We live on the top floor of a house, it's just a 1BR though. How old are you and your husband? Would be nice to talk to someone in the same boat! Haha

Quoting DavonnaC:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)