Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Help....Question About O'ing

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:42 PM
  • 7 Replies

Can ovulation make your period late??

I was going on 7 days late and CD 35. I am normally on a 28 day cycle. Today I started having bad cramps and mucus tinged blood when I wiped. I put a pad on thinking AF decided to show up today. Well all that came down was a little bit of spotting, just enough for a panty liner.  I'm waiting to see if this is going to turn into full blown AF.

Otherwise, if ovulation can delay your cycle, Could it be implantation bleeding maube? I haven't been tracking O this month so I don't know if I did or not. I didn't notice any signs either.

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
7full
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Ovulating late would make your period late.Otherwise, no. If ovulating made you late, you'd be late every month, lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charm2mama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:49 PM

People talk about implantation bleeding...I never experienced that but it could be. Let's hope it is! I would test if AF doesn't show up in a couple of days...

MrsLondon
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:53 PM

I had IB with DD2. It was very minimal spotting.

Quoting charm2mama:

People talk about implantation bleeding...I never experienced that but it could be. Let's hope it is! I would test if AF doesn't show up in a couple of days...

kaybri2012
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:56 PM

From what I have been told, your post-O phase (Luteal phase?) doesn't generally change from cycle to cycle.  So if it is 12 days between o and af then that is what it will usually be.  This, however, CHANGES if medicine/hormone treatments are involved or you have just gotten off birth control, etc. 

MrsLondon
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:00 PM

I did recently get off of BC. I was on it in November. My cycle started on Nov 28th. I have come off of BC before and still had a normal cycle. I'm confused.

Quoting kaybri2012:

From what I have been told, your post-O phase (Luteal phase?) doesn't generally change from cycle to cycle.  So if it is 12 days between o and af then that is what it will usually be.  This, however, CHANGES if medicine/hormone treatments are involved or you have just gotten off birth control, etc. 

kaybri2012
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:06 PM

I was the same way the first time I came off bc to try for my son, but this last time I have had weird cycles, like my hormones are trying to balance.  I went off in October and they're still not normal again.  In November I didn't O at all and in December my cycle was only 25 days - when it is usually 29.  This past cycle I am pretty sure I O'd on cycle day 10 or 11 - when I used to O on cd15.  Hormones really screw with things!  I think I'm swearing off bc after my next baby and trying something else. 

MrsLondon
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:35 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)