Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

When do I test?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:14 PM
  • 6 Replies
Ugh, so Idk when I ovulated. Period lasts 5 days and my cycle lasts 29 days. Lmp was 12/17. Had unprotected sex on 12/26 and apparently EWCM on the 27-29 with blood streaks. I'm guessing ovulation on 12/28??

Anyway, when should I test to see if I'm preggo?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
luchmommy
by Brooke on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:17 PM
I would say no sooner than the 6th. That should put you around 10dpo
Laulaulu321
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:19 PM
I recommend testing if you miss your period. Only because I mc'd the day after I normally get my period. My sister tested early and mc'd on her AF day as well. Or if you want to test early you can test 5 days before AF is due. I tested a lot with that short-lived pregnancy and got negatives until 1 week before my normal AF day and the line was very faint.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShellBeth
by Michelle on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Since you don't know when  you ovulated I would wait until you think your AF is due before testing just so you arent wasting tests too early

tiffs2009
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Thx.
TTC2Long
by Gina on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Yep. GL!

Quoting ShellBeth:

Since you don't know when  you ovulated I would wait until you think your AF is due before testing just so you arent wasting tests too early

7full
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I never test until my period is actually late by at least few days. And when I'm pregnant I a get clear, dark positive test.
Hanging in this group for a week has made me think early testing is a bad idea. All these tests posted day in & day out that look negative but people swear they see something, it looks too emotionally draining.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)