Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Sometimes I just shake my head.....

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:37 AM
  • 8 Replies

New Years Eve.  Hubby and I went to a party at a friends house.  At said party is a young woman (age 21) that they have taken under their wing.  She has a 9 week old baby.  This baby has had 4 name changes since his birth...until a week ago she didnt know if the baby belonged to her current boyfriend (who was spending the New Year with his ex-wife and their daughter) or the guy she was with before him.   Said 21 year old is as dumb as a box of rocks. She has no education and is, in general, an airhead. In the course of the evening, from 7pm-1pm  she laid the baby on the sofa 3x (once practically upside down with his feet on a pillow and his head on the cushion), and on the bare floor at least 6x, unattended with over 8 children running around so that she could go smoke.  Each time either my husband or my friends husband would collect the baby and hold him to keep him safe.  On one of these instances she comes back in to find my friends husband getting ready to give him a bottle that MY husband made for him....she says "No! He only eats every 6 hours...it saves on formula!"  WHAT!?  I said he should be eating every 2-3 hours, no wonder hes so tiny!!!!!  I was pissed off the rest of the night.  Then she has the nerve to criticize someone on television by saying "Some people shouldnt be allowed to have children"   yeah, you are one of those people!!!

So, last night my friend stops by.  She tells me that this little slag said "you know, Alex is a really good looking man (MY DH) and I like his accent. If I didnt have my boyfriend I would seduce him."  WHAT?  My husband is pissed when I told him.  She had been flirting with him all night, making him uncomfortable...we literally ran out the door right after the new year came in. Its not the first, nor will it be the last....my husband is a professor so young women are often batting their eyelashes at him trying to seduce a grade or just because they are wrapped up in the power of their sexuality and arent mature enough to understand that eventually looks fade and no man will have you if you are all used up and cant hold a decent conversation!  But still....I was right there and she was flirting with him~ "Oh, Alex, I just love your accent!"  bitch.

My friend feels terrible about it, but it wasnt her fault.  Im just really upset that little idiots like this with no respect for a married man get pregnant so easily....Im turning in to a bitter old woman =(   ok...rant over.

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
nateslovey
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Grrrr! Sorry Hun!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mynewlife2012
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:43 AM
I would be pissed too.
lifelover104
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree. I would be infuriated!!! As much as I know my husband is 100% devoted to me, it just shows lack of respec on her part. ESP at 21. You know better at that point. 

Mittenmommie
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Not sure how you held it together. I would have lost it and called her every name in the book and made her feel 2 inches tall in front of everyone... Wow she needs to grow up...
wantthatbaby46
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:12 AM

I would be bitter and pissed too! seriously! The nerve of some people!

xtriciax
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:20 AM

grrr sorry hun i would have said something lol

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Thats pretty awful. I hope your friend is keeping an eye on her Husband as well. I am sorry this happened sweetie!

dizziestdream
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Wow. I'd be upset. Praying for that baby. It's not his fault his mom isn't very bright.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN