Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Heavy period for 2 days and then nothing? Advice please? *TMI* (a little)

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:56 AM
  • 15 Replies

My last NORMAL period was 12/2/12, my cycles range from 31-33 days. I had sex throughout the month of December all protected (we use condoms every time). Early on the morning of the 23rd (like 1am) we had sex. Before he put the condom on he entered me several times. He put the condom on afterwards and we resumed. For about the past 2-3 days I have had to use the bathroom more, am sleeping more and my breasts are sore/achy and I am bloated. All of this stopped when my period came on 1/4/13 and its been of a HEAVY flow for the past 2 days.

Now today on day 3 I have all but stopped bleeding, its only there when I wipe. The tampon is only half bloody instead of soaked as the previous 2 days. Also, my breasts have started becoming sore again. I do know about Implantation Bleeding as I had it with my son but it was light and only for 1/2 of a day.  Advice please?

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SexyDiva19
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:56 AM

BUMP!

wantstickybean4
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:58 AM
BUMP!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SexyDiva19
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Thanks for the bump :)

Quoting wantstickybean4:

BUMP!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rbailey2414
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:06 PM

are you TTC?? I would think the chance of pregnancy is very low if he didnt finish without a condom. Sounds like your cycle was right on time and just had a strange one.

nateslovey
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:11 PM
This!

Quoting rbailey2414:

are you TTC?? I would think the chance of pregnancy is very low if he didnt finish without a condom. Sounds like your cycle was right on time and just had a strange one.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tristahope
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:26 PM

BUMP!

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes if you have a heavy enough flow one day or two etc your period will be shorter because you only have SO MUCH blood that needs to come out KWIM!?!

My AFs range from anywhere from 3-6 days lately, I always have 2 heavy heavy days & then like 3 days of spotting.....................sounds normal to me!

SexyDiva19
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Hmm I didn't know that. I wonder why it does that? Thanks for the info :)

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Sometimes if you have a heavy enough flow one day or two etc your period will be shorter because you only have SO MUCH blood that needs to come out KWIM!?!

My AFs range from anywhere from 3-6 days lately, I always have 2 heavy heavy days & then like 3 days of spotting.....................sounds normal to me!

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:00 PM

I think it depends on a few things...........things I know can affect the flow are such as:

1-how high progesterone gets

2-how quickly it falls (if its slow then you spot, if its sudden its super heavy)

3-when you ovulated (longer estrogen is high the thicker the lining is so heavier the period)

But I am sure there are a lot of other things but mostly hormones affect how long AF is & how heavy/light etc etc!

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Hmm I didn't know that. I wonder why it does that? Thanks for the info :)

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Eshadowgirl
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Im with the others. I have 2 heavy days, and 1-2 days of medium/light....It all depends on how your body is reacting to horomones.

Since you did use protection....the chances are lower.  The aches and stuff, is probably horomone related.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)