Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Scared to lose this baby UPDATE

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:06 AM
  • 44 Replies

UPDATE: I'm home from my appt. I lost the baby. DH doesn't know yet for sure bc he's flying evenings this week and I can't reach him. But it's probably best I tell him tomorrow in person :/ My OB was really nice about it and said I can still go on to get pregnant with a healthy pregnancy. I'm kinda glad that the u/s today didn't show anything that I could see. I didn't want to do like last time. I can't stop crying....UGH. Thanks ladies for your help and support. I probably won't be back on tonight. Gotta get the kids off the bus soon and I'm exhausted. Just want to curl up in the dark and cry some more.

I'll be 5 weeks along tomorrow, but I'm really worried that I'm losing the baby. May be just paranoia, but I get the feeling and I can't stop crying thinking about it.

I started brown spotting Sunday evening, but doubt it was implantation bleeding bc I had some spotting at 6DPO and assume that was implantation. All yesterday and this morning it's been like a light af. Not bright red, but a brown to dark red color (sorry, tmi I know). I am so scared right now!

I called my OB yesterday bc I have my 1st prenatal appt Wednesday morning. The earliest they can move my appt is to today (Tuesday). So, I'm now waiting with my feet propped up and just hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. My appt is not until 1pm, and the wait is killing me!

Anyways, just thought I'd share with you girls. I didn't post about it Sunday night or yesterday when I wanted to, bc I was honestly too scared to ask questions. I was hoping the spotting would go away bc I had some spotting throughout my first trimest w/ DD 5 years ago.

I'll let you girls know what my OB says. Hopefully she'll do an ultrasound and be able to see something. I know it's so early still, but am I far along enough to see a heartbeat? When I m/c fall of 2011, I was 8 1/2 weeks so there was a heartbeat but then the ER nurse lost it. Literally lost the heartbeat while doing the ultrasound and never found it again...went to zoom in on the heartbeat and it went away. Just like that...gone.... at the time I was bleeding like af all morning so I kinda figured it was all over. I just don't want to go through that again :(

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trfgirl56701
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:10 AM

FX that it's nothing serious and your little bean is super sticky. Keep us updated.

xtriciax
by tricia on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:14 AM

prayers everything is ok for ya. keep us updated

CathyPowell
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Thanks girls. Sorry to vent like that. DH just doesn't know how to console me...keeps saying it's out of my control so do something to take my mind off it. But OB said keep my feet up and relax...which leaves lots of time to think about it.

3kidz123
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Not to get your hopes up because I don't know your body or whats going on but for the sake of relaxing i will tell you a happy story...

My friend Amanda with her first child started bleeding. It was first trimester and the bleeding was WORSE than a period! She was soaking a whole pad in an hour and of course she got scared and went to the ER. They told her she was loosing the baby but did an ultrasound anyways. The baby turned out to be just fine and they couldn't figure out why all the blood! The bleeding slowed down and after a few days she wasn't having so much as a spot. It only happened once out of 3 pregnancy's but everything turned out ok for her :)

Chasesmum3109
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:57 AM
I had the same thing happen to me I had a subchorionic hemorrhage, I had a healthy baby boy in the end result, I started brown spotting around 6 weeks and had bled worse than a period for 5 months straight. Good luck mama! Fingers crossed for you!!

Quoting 3kidz123:

Not to get your hopes up because I don't know your body or whats going on but for the sake of relaxing i will tell you a happy story...

My friend Amanda with her first child started bleeding. It was first trimester and the bleeding was WORSE than a period! She was soaking a whole pad in an hour and of course she got scared and went to the ER. They told her she was loosing the baby but did an ultrasound anyways. The baby turned out to be just fine and they couldn't figure out why all the blood! The bleeding slowed down and after a few days she wasn't having so much as a spot. It only happened once out of 3 pregnancy's but everything turned out ok for her :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
over40bride
by Tracy on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I hope everything is ok. Prayers being sent up for you. praying

nkistvjax08
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Prayers for you .. please keep us updated :) 

pixiemom4
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Praying for you

YummyMommy123
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:00 PM

prayers are focused on you today darling! dont forget to let us no how everything goes!

sweet_bumblbee
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Praying
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)