Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Struggle to conceive :( after being on the depo shot.

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:34 AM
  • 125 Replies
2 moms liked this

ok so i have 3 boys. My youngest is now 5yrs old. I was on the depo shot for 4yrs 9months. My last depo shot was feb.8 2012 . . . and i couldnt get pregnant all year so i decided to take birth control pills to regulate my period. So today im on my 4th week 4th white pill and so i finally got my period today. I heard that being on the depo shot is the worse if your trying to conceive :( i hope that after taking pills for one month more and helping regule my period i can finally have a baby. I want a daughter i have all boys. if anyone has any advice or has had experience anything with the depo shot please comment thank you all :)

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EthansMomma2010
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:48 AM
2 moms liked this

i'm sorry but my friend only had one shot and has been trying for 9 months. it is a really hard bc to use and then get preggo. they say a year is totally common for you to even be fertile again. i would strongly suggest you not keep reintroducing bc to your body of any kind. it makes the uterus inhospitable to a fertilized egg.

michelle791
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:13 AM

Thank you so much for your advise i hopt this bc pills works... im getting fustrated at times.

ilovekeith12
by Sara on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I hope do you get your BFP asap .. It took me 9 years to get preg with my son after that depo. I was only on it for a year . It took my sister about a year after her depo. I would never do that shot again and i will never let my daughter when she is old enough. GL

michelle791
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:24 AM
I will never get the shot ever again also. Now im regreting it :( I want a daughter!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I only used the depo for a month I had horrible side affects the whole 3 months so I never went back and got another. I'm on BC pills now to help regulate my period because it's been messed up since I had my dd 2 yrs ago. We're going to ttc in the next few months after dh's vasectomy reversal and I hope my periods are regular by then

lifeforchrist
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:30 PM
5 moms liked this

Get rid of the birth control. You are working against yourself. Any hormonal BC you use will make it harder to conceive. You have regulate periods by taking red raspberry leaf tea. You need to give it soome time to let your body figure things out.

sissy852
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:33 PM
i have heard bad stuff about the depo shot my friend had it and she is on year 3 of trying
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikkifam5
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this
My son was born 1/7 and he was a depo baby. I didnt take birth control to regulate , I just waited it out. 18 months later I was pregnant but miscarried. 3 months after that I had my first normal cycle which resulted in a healthy pregnancy. It took us 21 months and that was after only 2 shots.. good luck hope you conceive sooner then I did !
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mystres
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I took BC when I was 15-17.  I always wonder if it it is part of the reason I cant/havent had kids.

Quoting michelle791:

I will never get the shot ever again also. Now im regreting it :( I want a daughter!

~~~~~~~
Find out about our adoption at our Facebook blog.
http://www.facebook.com/MJAdoptionBlog

In 2011 we decided to adopt.
In 2012 we got to take home our Lady Bug
Now in 2013 we will finalize our adoption.

Autumn19
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:44 PM

i only had 3 shots and it took me 2 yrs and 2 mc

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)