Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question: clomid, AF...

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:35 AM
  • 10 Replies

It's kinda weird to be happy about starting AF but I am because now I can start clomid and the bd!!!! I started yesterday. Well I spotted yesterday and am fully on it now. Does yesterday count as day 1 of my cycle? I called the nurse this morning and she said yesterday would have been day 1

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShellBeth
by Michelle on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:49 AM

I thought day 1 was when you really start bleeding. If it was just light spotting yesterday I would say today would be CD1 but maybe I am wrong.

hopeym23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:57 AM

I have a clomid baby!!  My second born and only boy!  Yes, yesterday was day one.  One thing I like to tell people about clomid....and this was for me so maybe not the same in your case.  I went in at CD 12 to check to see if I had any follicles and it showed none.  I was so sad.  They said it didn't work that month and to try next month with a higher dose. Turns out I actually ovulated late....CD 20!  I got pregnant when they sad it didn't work.  Sometimes clomid makes you ovulate late.  I took ovulation tests to pinpoint my  ovulation and I am so glad I did!  

Good Luck!!!

Are you on the Weight Watchers program? This is a group for support through your weight loss journey. No judging or drama here!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/118404

JacknJill
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Thank you! Yea I figured today would be day 1 but the nurse insisted its day 2! Thank you both! My doc put me on clomid 5-9. 100mg. I start taking them thurs. thru mon. He said I should O 5 days after my last pill! Fx!

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Was your period induced with provera or come on its own?

If natural then today is CD1, if with provera then yesterday was CD1..................my periods are never heavy from provera so i have to count ANY bleeding as CD1 per my RE!

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Quoting JacknJill:

Thank you! Yea I figured today would be day 1 but the nurse insisted its day 2! Thank you both! My doc put me on clomid 5-9. 100mg. I start taking them thurs. thru mon. He said I should O 5 days after my last pill! Fx!

Its actually 5-10 days after the last pills but most women on 5-9 tend to O around CD16-20! Later ovulation with clomid is normal!

Did your doctor recommend taking guiafenesin/mucinex for cervical mucus? My RE told me to take it because clomid causes hostile cm in 40% of women & semen cant move in hostile cm :( robitussin or mucinex helps fertile cm a LOT (word of advice)!

I have 2 first round clomid babies :)

JacknJill
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:40 AM

It was induced with Provera!

JacknJill
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Really? When should I start taking mucinex?

Jess21608
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Spotting doesnt count as day 1..full red flow that requires a pad or tampon. I did clomid for 6 rounds. GOOD LUCK! I hope you get your BFP really soon :D

AnitaA
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:47 AM

My Doc said first full day of bleeding is day 1. She asked me not to count spotting day (unless it wasn't really spotting but light flow). I said flow was very light and it was spotting really and she said not to count it as day 1 *shrug*

I took Serophene (another brand name for Clomid) starting day 3, ovulated on Day 14.

Oh, and it worked cos I got my BFP yesterday! :) GOOD LUCK!

But I guess you should go by what your doc/nurse says.

JacknJill
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Yea I seem to be getting different answers from everyone. I just put a call in to my doctor to give me a call this afternoon to clarify things! Thanks! This is my first round and I am so confused! Congrats by the way!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)