Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just got back from the ultrasound

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:17 AM
  • 23 Replies

so this is my 4th clomid/metformin cycle and though they werent quite sure or not if i had pcos, this ultrasound, cd 16 showed that for the first time i have two good follies, one 19mm the other one 20mm and my lining is great.

so the doc wants me to trigger tonight but i was thinking its little too early? last time she had me trigger the next day one i had one egg and it was 20mm. So not sure what to do and i need to base sex off of when we do the trigger.

Wish me luck ladies, cause we only have two more cycles before we go to ivf. UGG.

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bero2007
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:26 AM

I'd follow drs orders and do the trigger tonight then keep bding for the next 4 days.  When I do my trigger I go back 36 hours later for insemination so I assume you would want to time BD the same?

armstrong7984
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:30 AM

ya but what im afriad of is that we bd'd a little bit yestaurday, and i dont think that would give us the best chance if we kept bd from today on, i would feel better if we bd'd tomorrow then the following two or three days.

but you dont think that my follies are two small?

last cycle i ended up O'ing two days after the trigger shot.

Quoting Bero2007:

I'd follow drs orders and do the trigger tonight then keep bding for the next 4 days.  When I do my trigger I go back 36 hours later for insemination so I assume you would want to time BD the same?

Bero2007
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I think they consider you ready to trigger at 20mm so I think you are ready. If your dr didn't think you were ready I'm sure they would have been like wait a day

Quoting armstrong7984:

ya but what im afriad of is that we bd'd a little bit yestaurday, and i dont think that would give us the best chance if we kept bd from today on, i would feel better if we bd'd tomorrow then the following two or three days.

Quoting Bero2007:

armstrong7984
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:11 PM

ya im just afriad that we wont have the highest quality sperm since we just bd yestaurday, normally we would have a day inbetween for him to build up.

Quoting Bero2007:

I think they consider you ready to trigger at 20mm so I think you are ready. If your dr didn't think you were ready I'm sure they would have been like wait a day

Quoting armstrong7984:

Quoting Bero2007:

Bero2007
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:23 PM

if you trigger tonight you shouldn't O for at least 36ish hours so I'd take tonight off then BD tomorrow night then again the next day.  Unless your DH tested low for an SA you shouldn't have any issues with BD'ing every day.  Better some get in that none?

Quoting armstrong7984:

ya im just afriad that we wont have the highest quality sperm since we just bd yestaurday, normally we would have a day inbetween for him to build up.

Quoting Bero2007:

Quoting armstrong7984:

Quoting Bero2007:

armstrong7984
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:23 PM

okay i like that idea. does it matter when i do the trigger shot tonight?she never gave me a time

Quoting Bero2007:

if you trigger tonight you shouldn't O for at least 36ish hours so I'd take tonight off then BD tomorrow night then again the next day.  Unless your DH tested low for an SA you shouldn't have any issues with BD'ing every day.  Better some get in that none?

Quoting armstrong7984:

Quoting Bero2007:

Quoting armstrong7984:

Quoting Bero2007:

nicole2884
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:02 PM
If she said tonight i listen
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nicole2884
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:03 PM
When i triggered we bd the day before.
10hrs. Post
An 29 hrs post
armstrong7984
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:05 PM

okay ya we bd yestaurday morning, thinking either tomorrow morning or tomorrow night? im not sure. what do you think

Quoting nicole2884:

10hrs. Post
An 29 hrs post

TTC2Long
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Morning. Better to have the swimmers there are ready when the eggs are released. They have a longer trip to make and a longer lifespan. GL!!!

Quoting armstrong7984:

okay ya we bd yestaurday morning, thinking either tomorrow morning or tomorrow night? im not sure. what do you think

Quoting nicole2884:

10hrs. Post
An 29 hrs post

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)