Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Follie check today! **UPDATE**

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:07 PM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

I don't know why I'm so nervous. Maybe cause I've never had a follie check? I'm just afraid the femara didn't work or something stupid.  I'm a worrier. oy I just want them to find at least 1 mature follie so I can trigger tonight!...which terrifies me...ahhhh how do you give yourself a shot without freaking out?

UPDATE:The dr right away found 1 perfectly sized egg ready to be triggered.  The other side had 6 tiny little ones...thank god they were the small ones! She also said my uterus is the perfect size. She said I was the first one of the day to have perfect results so yay! Trigger tonight then insemination Wed at 9am!

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
over40bride
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I bet you have at least one great follie! probably more.

I thought there was no way I could give myself the shot. I had DH do it the first time.

My second time I got a positive OPK and called the Drs office in a panic. They didn't call back till after DH left for work but they told me to trigger right away! I was freaking out!!!

I stood in front of the bathroom mirror for about 3 minutes. I barley poked myself (didn't even feel it) and a little bit of blood came out. I just said to my self. "You have to do this!" and i stuck it in. Barley a pinch. I felt silly for being so worried about it. It's just mind over matter. You can do it! Good luck! FX

FYI ovidrel can cause a little burning sensation for about 5 minutes after. Don't let that worry you. It's completely normal.

Bero2007
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Oh man I'm glad you said that! I'd probably freak out of I felt burning. DH offered to do my shot for me but he works till midnight which means he won't get home till 1am at the earliest so if the egg/s are ready it's all me. Mind over matter...and locking the door so the 3 year old can't come in and try to steal the needle and give himself a shot...he mocks everything I do!

Quoting over40bride:

I thought there was no way I could give myself the shot. I had DH do it the first time.

My second time I got a positive OPK and called the Drs office in a panic. They didn't call back till after DH left for work but they told me to trigger right away! I was freaking out!!!

I stood in front of the bathroom mirror for about 3 minutes. I barley poked myself (didn't even feel it) and a little bit of blood came out. I just said to my self. "You have to do this!" and i stuck it in. Barley a pinch. I felt silly for being so worried about it. It's just mind over matter. You can do it! Good luck! FX

FYI ovidrel can cause a little burning sensation for about 5 minutes after. Don't let that worry you. It's completely normal.

hypnautica
by Jennifer on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I have gone through trigger shots with Clomid as well as a bunch of shots a day with IVF and I made my mom give them to me lol I can not stand needles. I know this sounds cheesy but go to youtube and look up videos on giving yourself a shot. The videos actually helps a lot. Good luck to you and hope you have a few mature ones and all goes well. Keep us posted :)

over40bride
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Quoting Bero2007:

Oh man I'm glad you said that! I'd probably freak out of I felt burning. DH offered to do my shot for me but he works till midnight which means he won't get home till 1am at the earliest so if the egg/s are ready it's all me. Mind over matter...and locking the door so the 3 year old can't come in and try to steal the needle and give himself a shot...he mocks everything I do!

Quoting over40bride:

OH GOD! yes, lock that door! LOL

Bero2007
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Good idea! I hadn't even thought about that!  I know the dr is supposed to show me today but it will be nice to watch it on my phone while I"m doing it since I forget things easily and will end up stabbing myself in the finger

Quoting hypnautica:

I have gone through trigger shots with Clomid as well as a bunch of shots a day with IVF and I made my mom give them to me lol I can not stand needles. I know this sounds cheesy but go to youtube and look up videos on giving yourself a shot. The videos actually helps a lot. Good luck to you and hope you have a few mature ones and all goes well. Keep us posted :)

nicole2884
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:34 PM

i did the femara an trigger this past cycle but the nurse gave me the shot an then we timed intercourse 10hrs later an then the next day an poof bfp craziness

im fx for you, all you have to do is pinch a big piece of skin an poke it in that, mine didnt hurt she used a baby needle though

i cramped alot for the next 7 days after it though

Bero2007
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Wow that's awesome! Gimme some of that good luck ;)  The nurse mixed my meds but I have to do the shot myself but she said the needle is a short needle. Still kinda scary!

Quoting nicole2884:

i did the femara an trigger this past cycle but the nurse gave me the shot an then we timed intercourse 10hrs later an then the next day an poof bfp craziness

im fx for you, all you have to do is pinch a big piece of skin an poke it in that, mine didnt hurt she used a baby needle though

i cramped alot for the next 7 days after it though

nicole2884
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Oh i didn't know you were doing. Iui

Happy for you keep us posted
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nicole2884
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Luck luck luck your way
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
armstrong7984
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:00 PM

hey were on the exact same schedule, how crazy. I went in for my ultrasound today and had two 19,20mm follies and triggering tonight and bd'ing tomorrow and the next three days.

GL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)