Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mommy in waiting looking for a little faith and love!

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:55 PM
  • 3 Replies

Hi there everyone,

My name is India, just joined.

I'm not pregnant yet, but my partner and I have been trying for the last month now, and we're feeling very excited and ready! That being said who knows how long it'll take before we get there! Hopefully soon tho :)

Well, I get gloomy at times too. We're not married, John and I. We're engange, have been for 6 months, set the date for July a while back, but most importnantly we're madly in love and see a child as a wonderful start to the family we see in each other. There's no doubt we're ready and set!

But my family and the people I encounter all have other things on their minds. "Thinking about getting pregnant and not married? Well, at least you're engaged" One stranger told me, "You're not ready, you're just 24 and you've only been with him a year!" My mother likes to point out, and "God's word says to wait till you're married" my newlywed sister of 36 likes to snap at me.

I don't have many friends, I'm in a new city, and feel kind of alone in even my trying faze. I hear things like forget everyone and do your own thing but I can't help but feel sad for no support except that of my wonderful partner. I can't help but feel you can only rebell against your close family for so long without just needing support.

We see a baby. I see it so clearly as all I want, with John, that I know it's right. Why does the world think they know what's best? Anyways, looking forward to my wonderful life transition as well as making some friends along the way. I study nutrition, going into agriculture and dietetics so I have a lot to offer a child as well as people in need of advice.

Thanks for reading! Excited about being here.

India

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
indiaeileen
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:58 PM

It's like, you google "Unwed pregnancy" and you get a thousand christian sites saying how sad it is that their teens having premarital random sex are pregnant, but what about the loving couples that just dont have that pesky proof on union to back them up. Are we sinners? Are we exempt from giving our children love, understanding and good childhood? Mary was unwed and pregnant!

ShellBeth
by Michelle on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:16 PM
I hope you get all support and no judgement here! Good Luck and I hope you get your much desired baby dust soon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BraydensMama163
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Premarital sex is natural. The Bible is old school, I admit it. And I'm a Christian. I just can't see the mighty all forgiving God not being able to forgive this. Anyway, I would say that your friends and family are just concerned that you might not be thinking this thru and just ready for a baby. But I'm 23. Have been with my husband 5 years and we have two kids. They are nearly 7&4 . As long as you feel like this is a good choice and you have no I mean NO second thoughts then go for it. And good luck.
Also, pray. I find it very healing if I can pray, even if I am just talking to God while I am doing dishes. Sharing my concerns and being thankful for my blessings. It doesn't have to be a drab on my knees begging forgiveness. I talk to him, in my head, out loud ... he accepts anyway we wish to talk to him and I find it soothing.

Good luck again, and God bless.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)