Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quick Question..

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:51 PM
  • 6 Replies

I know that taking hot baths are bad for conception, but what about showers? My cold water is broken on my shower and the hot water just gets hotter and hotter to the point that if Im in it for more than 10 minutes its burning my skin and Im rushing to rinse my hair so I can rush out of the shower. Any advice is better than none.

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Baby32211
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:58 PM
I am not sure. I take pretty warm baths every so often and also take hot showers. Defiantly not ski. Burning , but pretty warm.
xtriciax
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:00 PM

i didnt know it was bad for female.. knew it was bad for males.

kdomke93
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:37 PM

I read somewhere I think on babycenter.com that taking hot baths for women would kill the sperm trying to reach the egg and if youre already pregnant and taking hot baths that make you sweat its bad too because it over heats the fetus or something.. just something i read dont know if its true or not..

Quoting xtriciax:

xtriciax
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:49 PM

guess that makes sense about killing the sperm... and yea i remember my mom telling me not to boil the baby lol

Quoting kdomke93:

I read somewhere I think on babycenter.com that taking hot baths for women would kill the sperm trying to reach the egg and if youre already pregnant and taking hot baths that make you sweat its bad too because it over heats the fetus or something.. just something i read dont know if its true or not..

Quoting xtriciax:

ShellBeth
by Michelle on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:02 PM

I have heard that it is bad to take super hot bathes after you are pregnant but while TTC I didnt know there was anything wrong with it. I think it depends on how long you are in there because it is all about your core temperature. I would say a hot shower would be better than a hot bath for any length of time. What if you turned off the hot water while you soap up and shampoo/condition your hair to give your body time to readjust to the temperature and then turn it back on?? or call a plumber to get your cold water fixed ;)

kdomke93
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:18 PM

yeah i start doing the turning the water on and off lol ive tried getting my fiance to call the landlord to have him get it fixed but he wont do it he thinks that its not important to have a working cold water if he doesnt use it haha

Quoting ShellBeth:

I have heard that it is bad to take super hot bathes after you are pregnant but while TTC I didnt know there was anything wrong with it. I think it depends on how long you are in there because it is all about your core temperature. I would say a hot shower would be better than a hot bath for any length of time. What if you turned off the hot water while you soap up and shampoo/condition your hair to give your body time to readjust to the temperature and then turn it back on?? or call a plumber to get your cold water fixed ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)