Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ovulation question

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:18 PM
  • 6 Replies

So my cycles are usually 28-30 days.  I'm now on cd32 (no I'm not pregnant bc my iud just came out Friday and they test you at dr's) so my question is this, I had a really bad stomach flu ( lost 6 lbs in one day if you know what I mean) Anyhow, could that have messed with my cycle?  Last Monday and Tuesday I had cramps and ewcm and came on here asking if you could ovulate right before your af bc I was expecting af any day.  Now I'm thinking af will maybe come end of this week. Msorry so long, I'm just getting impatient waiting for it to start so we can start TTC. Also I took an opk yesterday a d today just to see what may be going on and I got a faint line?  Is that normal?  I've never used them

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
luchmommy
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:13 PM

BUMP!

ShellBeth
by Michelle on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:19 PM
I am not sure about the flu but coming off sny kind of nc can mess with the length of your cycles for a bit. As for opk the important thing is the color of the test line nlt whether there is one. The test line has to be darker then the control line for it to be positive. Good luck ttc!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ShellBeth
by Michelle on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Sorry fat fingers and small phone... coming off any bc....lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kelly617
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Yes being sick can throw off ovulation...I've had that happen before...if you get a fever or are really sick your body will wait to ovulate until you're better so you have a higher chance of getting pregnant...

Mommy4Clara
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:39 PM

As others have pointed out, having the flu and taking out an IUD can both mess with your cycle. If you just had ewcm, you might have just ovulated recently, and will have a period in another week or two....

Good luck!

luchmommy
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Well luckily I did have the non hormonal iud (paragaurd) and my dr said generally you hop right back on schedule

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)