Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stupid Body!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:30 PM
  • 8 Replies

I had my thyroid tested again this morning and it is still out of whack. The last three months, it has steadily gotten worse and I was so upset today, I yelled the F word at work and hit my desk....oops. With the stupid thyroid being crazy like this, the doctors won't let us do another iui...which is what we were told would be our only chance of conception. I am almost numb now I guess, not sure that I can cry anymore. Just unbelievale. I wish my body would just work right for Once!! Ugh

wedding ticker
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:32 PM

I am so sorry you are dealing with this :( I honestly know how you feel. I dont have thyroid issues but I have other things wrong. I hope you are able to get a BFP on your own and very soon. Good luck :)

Lindyjf
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:51 PM
I'm sorry!! That must be so frustrating! I hope things start getting better for you soon, and you get your bfp!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
acook0331
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:58 PM

What is wrong with your thyroid? I had thyroid problems for almost two years including while I was pregnant.

kaybri2012
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:00 AM

I hope your thyroid levels out - I have hypothyroidism, but thanks to medication I am as "normal" as possible.  The hard part is that the thyroid is so changeable.  The levels can change from one month to the next.  Are you taking medication or is there something being done to help with levels?

Jesi102
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:37 AM
I was hyperthyroid and had radioactive iodine done to pretty much kill it off...so now I am hypothyroid, taking hormones to regulate it. It was perfect until Oct and now no matter how they adjust my meds, it won't get back to normal. Every month the results are worse than the month before. So its making ttc nearly impossible

Quoting acook0331:

What is wrong with your thyroid? I had thyroid problems for almost two years including while I was pregnant.

Jesi102
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Yes I have been on synthyroid for a couple yrs now. It was fine until Oct and out of nowhere it shot up. Adjusted meds and now its too low. Keep adjusting it but gets worse as months go hy. Latest result was less than .01!!! So frustrated and defeated right now :(

Quoting kaybri2012:

I hope your thyroid levels out - I have hypothyroidism, but thanks to medication I am as "normal" as possible.  The hard part is that the thyroid is so changeable.  The levels can change from one month to the next.  Are you taking medication or is there something being done to help with levels?

acook0331
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I went from hyper to hypo while I was pregnant and my doctor did a great job of regulating it. What do they have you on?

Quoting Jesi102:

I was hyperthyroid and had radioactive iodine done to pretty much kill it off...so now I am hypothyroid, taking hormones to regulate it. It was perfect until Oct and now no matter how they adjust my meds, it won't get back to normal. Every month the results are worse than the month before. So its making ttc nearly impossible

Quoting acook0331:

Jesi102
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Generic synthyroid (levothyroxin). The new dose today is 224mcg...which is what I was taking before October.They upped it to 250 &275 alternating days then down to 250 only last month when my level was .04 and I told them that was still too much. They didn't listen and now Im even worse than before. They act like I have all the time in the world when I dont. I am 33, my mom started menopause at 35

Quoting acook0331:

I went from hyper to hypo while I was pregnant and my doctor did a great job of regulating it. What do they have you on?

Quoting Jesi102:

Quoting acook0331:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)