Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ovulation

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:52 PM
  • 5 Replies
I'm not sure if I ovulate every month wats the signs that you are ovulating cause I never see ewcm
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
AmandaN1
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Taking temps would be best. Other than that cervical mucus and cervical position. You can also use OPKs but those wont guarantee anything since you can miss the surge and you can have an lh surge without ovulating.
mama2gg
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Temps are the only way to know

Ewcm or opk are guesses
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lashonntae89
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Ok thanks

Quoting mama2gg:

Temps are the only way to know

Ewcm or opk are guesses

WOFFT
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:52 AM
Temps are the best way but they won't tell you that you're about to ovulate. Will only let you know after you have ovulated which may not help so much in catching the released egg as it might already being loosing viability by then.

Its better to combine the methods and temping for a few months will also let you know your body, give you an idea of when you normally ovulate, the length of your luteal phase to rule out ovulation and luteal phase defects as a problem why you've finding it hard to conceive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmandaN1
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:52 AM

This is true. I think I take it for granted that I know what my body does and what my temps do as ovulation is approaching now.  

Quoting WOFFT:

Temps are the best way but they won't tell you that you're about to ovulate. Will only let you know after you have ovulated which may not help so much in catching the released egg as it might already being loosing viability by then.

Its better to combine the methods and temping for a few months will also let you know your body, give you an idea of when you normally ovulate, the length of your luteal phase to rule out ovulation and luteal phase defects as a problem why you've finding it hard to conceive.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)