Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

well that was fun (sarcasm)

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:24 AM
  • 45 Replies
1 mom liked this

I met some of the women from my church at a restaurant last night. I got there late so the only place to sit was at the end of the table, where it just so happened the three mothers with newborns happened to be sitting. They don't know that DH and I have been TTC for three years and they don't know about my two miscarriages (one at 17 weeks). I got to sit there looking at the beautiful babies and hearing all the newborn stories. I just smiled and occasionally mentioned something from when my kids were born. I was so miserable on the inside though. One of them turned to me and asked how old my kids are. I said "eight and five" and she waved her hand and said "oh you are way past the newborn stage then". I'm not about to tell someone I hardly know all my troubles so I just smiled and said "yeah" but inside I was thinking "you just have no idea".

I couldn't help but look at the babies. Besides the fact they were right in front of me It's hard not to look. They are so beautiful, precious and tiny. But then I would have to quickly look away because it hurts soooo much. :(

Has anything like this happened to anyone else?

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SHOE_DIVA
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry mommy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lindyjf
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Aww, I'm sorry. That must have been difficult for you. Fx you get your bfp soon!!
Mama2JoshKatie
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Thanks. I was recently diagnosed with PCOS and I'm receiving treatment so hopefully that helps.

Quoting Lindyjf:

Aww, I'm sorry. That must have been difficult for you. Fx you get your bfp soon!!

Mama2JoshKatie
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Thanks

Quoting SHOE_DIVA:

I'm sorry mommy.

Bero2007
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Not so much with newborns since I avoid people with newborns like they have the plague but at work 6 people all got pregnant last year and were all due at the same time(well within 4 weeks of each other). All day long all I heard was how their pregnancies were going.  Meanwhile I was going to a dr trying to get pregnant and taking Clomid with no success. They kept asking when I was going to have another. I was like shut up already I'm fricking trying!  They have all given birth now which is even more depressing since I thought I'd at least get pregnant before they gave birth.

blessedisme3
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this
:-( this post made me so sad. I pray you get a new baby very soon!
steph_twins
by Stephanie on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:56 PM
2 moms liked this

i feel your pain.. i really feel it.
My "friend" just delivered her baby. And posting pictures of facebook she knows that i can see them, just sends me a text message at 4 am to show me here baby (that she induced her self 4 weeks early becuase she was tired of being preg) REALLY!! i would give anything to have our babies back. and be pregnant the WHOLE time!!

Just so you know, I'm hurting with you~

supermillerMom
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry :(  I work retail with a bunch of young girls.  Every few months one of them OOPS!!  turns up pregnant.  It makes me sick.  They're sweet girls but most of them aren't married and are living on welfare.  Now one of my best friends just decided she wants to get pregnant (with her 4th) and after ONE MONTH she's pretty certain they got the job done.  She should be testing this week.  It's a pain in the ass watching everyone around you have their babies and you're stuck there waiting.  Hopefully you're time is coming soon!!  Best of luck :) 

supermillerMom
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:58 PM

WHAT DOCTOR LET HER INDUCE 4 WEEKS EARLY?!?!?  That $#!+ should be illegal.  Sorry, but that ticks me off...

abiddinger
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this
So sorry, that's hard!! :( I am a nanny, and one of the kids I care for goes to a mother's day out program. When I pick her up, I am surrounded by moms who are picking up their 3 or 4 year olds, while holding a baby in their arms. What I would give to just be there picking up my child! (we are TTC #1). It can be hard caring for someone else's kids when you so badly want your own, but this just makes it worse some days. That said, I want to clarify that I adore my job as a nanny! Hugs to you, and Fx you will get your BFP soon!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)