Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

well that was fun (sarcasm)

I met some of the women from my church at a restaurant last night. I got there late so the only place to sit was at the end of the table, where it just so happened the three mothers with newborns happened to be sitting. They don't know that DH and I have been TTC for three years and they don't know about my two miscarriages (one at 17 weeks). I got to sit there looking at the beautiful babies and hearing all the newborn stories. I just smiled and occasionally mentioned something from when my kids were born. I was so miserable on the inside though. One of them turned to me and asked how old my kids are. I said "eight and five" and she waved her hand and said "oh you are way past the newborn stage then". I'm not about to tell someone I hardly know all my troubles so I just smiled and said "yeah" but inside I was thinking "you just have no idea".

I couldn't help but look at the babies. Besides the fact they were right in front of me It's hard not to look. They are so beautiful, precious and tiny. But then I would have to quickly look away because it hurts soooo much. :(

Has anything like this happened to anyone else?

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Replies (11-20):
xtriciax
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

im sorry hun

mandaschelle
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes

Today I picked up my 2 year old up at preschool and one of the Moms  brought her TRIPLETS!!! To pick up their big sister.

I was jealous and felt sorry for her at the same time. She had some problem in the parking lot with the special stoller and one of the babies in her fell out carseat and all. I felt so scared and sorry for her. Thankfully baby seemed to be ok. and I hope the Mom doesnt beat herself up about it.

sunshinegirl629
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I hear you there! Seems like everyone in my area has babies really young, so I worry about finding friends my age with babies too. But then last week a girl who is old enough to have grandchildren at my work just found out she was pregnant - really upset me.

sjenkins8208
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah.....there are two to three NEWBORNS at mybsobs preschool everyday for pick up. The moms know about my miscarriage and ttc troubles so it's nice to have support.
momof1want1mor
by Jenny ;) on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm so sorry I can understand how you feel and it hurts. Hope you get your rainbow baby soon hun
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
steph_twins
by Stephanie on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:20 PM
She went against doctors orders.. Drank red raspberry leaf tea, and castor oil mixed with orange juice until she made herself have the baby. She told me "i can't take this anymore,
Going against doctors orders, and inducing myself"...
I couldn't even text her, i was so mad!!

Quoting supermillerMom:

WHAT DOCTOR LET HER INDUCE 4 WEEKS EARLY?!?!?  That $#!+ should be illegal.  Sorry, but that ticks me off...

Mama2JoshKatie
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Wow that is sooo selfish! Poor little baby.

Quoting steph_twins:

She went against doctors orders.. Drank red raspberry leaf tea, and castor oil mixed with orange juice until she made herself have the baby. She told me "i can't take this anymore,

Quoting supermillerMom:

WHAT DOCTOR LET HER INDUCE 4 WEEKS EARLY?!?!?  That $#!+ should be illegal.  Sorry, but that ticks me off...

Mama2JoshKatie
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:54 PM

I'm sorry. :( That must be difficult. I hope you get your BFP soon.

Quoting Bero2007:

Not so much with newborns since I avoid people with newborns like they have the plague but at work 6 people all got pregnant last year and were all due at the same time(well within 4 weeks of each other). All day long all I heard was how their pregnancies were going.  Meanwhile I was going to a dr trying to get pregnant and taking Clomid with no success. They kept asking when I was going to have another. I was like shut up already I'm fricking trying!  They have all given birth now which is even more depressing since I thought I'd at least get pregnant before they gave birth.

steph_twins
by Stephanie on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Tell me about, just because she wanted to go back home. And tired of being in the hospital...

Ugh, i would love to be pregnant... Here she is doing this crap, and us women really want our babies.

Quoting Mama2JoshKatie:

Wow that is sooo selfish! Poor little baby.

Quoting steph_twins:

Quoting supermillerMom:

Mama2JoshKatie
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Thank you. :)

Quoting blessedisme3:

:-( this post made me so sad. I pray you get a new baby very soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN