Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

well that was fun (sarcasm)

I met some of the women from my church at a restaurant last night. I got there late so the only place to sit was at the end of the table, where it just so happened the three mothers with newborns happened to be sitting. They don't know that DH and I have been TTC for three years and they don't know about my two miscarriages (one at 17 weeks). I got to sit there looking at the beautiful babies and hearing all the newborn stories. I just smiled and occasionally mentioned something from when my kids were born. I was so miserable on the inside though. One of them turned to me and asked how old my kids are. I said "eight and five" and she waved her hand and said "oh you are way past the newborn stage then". I'm not about to tell someone I hardly know all my troubles so I just smiled and said "yeah" but inside I was thinking "you just have no idea".

I couldn't help but look at the babies. Besides the fact they were right in front of me It's hard not to look. They are so beautiful, precious and tiny. But then I would have to quickly look away because it hurts soooo much. :(

Has anything like this happened to anyone else?

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Replies (21-30):
Mama2JoshKatie
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Thank you. I'm sorry your friend is so thoughtless. I had a friend announce her pregnancy on facebook the exact same day I delivered my son at 17 weeks, after he died in my womb. Sometimes people just don't think. :(

Quoting steph_twins:

i feel your pain.. i really feel it.
My "friend" just delivered her baby. And posting pictures of facebook she knows that i can see them, just sends me a text message at 4 am to show me here baby (that she induced her self 4 weeks early becuase she was tired of being preg) REALLY!! i would give anything to have our babies back. and be pregnant the WHOLE time!!

Just so you know, I'm hurting with you~

Mama2JoshKatie
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:01 PM

I can only imagine how frustrating that must be for you. I hope we both get BFP's very soon!

Quoting supermillerMom:

I'm so sorry :(  I work retail with a bunch of young girls.  Every few months one of them OOPS!!  turns up pregnant.  It makes me sick.  They're sweet girls but most of them aren't married and are living on welfare.  Now one of my best friends just decided she wants to get pregnant (with her 4th) and after ONE MONTH she's pretty certain they got the job done.  She should be testing this week.  It's a pain in the ass watching everyone around you have their babies and you're stuck there waiting.  Hopefully you're time is coming soon!!  Best of luck :) 

armstrong7984
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Yup that's happened a lot to me but I don't have any kids. So besides being left out of every circle for not having children I get asked all the time why we don't and when we will have children. I would be content if I had just one. I just wanna know how it feels to have a baby growing inside you and being able to watch them grow into young adults.. I would be grateful that god has blessed me with at least one.
Mama2JoshKatie
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you. I hope you get your BFP soon too!

Quoting abiddinger:

So sorry, that's hard!! :( I am a nanny, and one of the kids I care for goes to a mother's day out program. When I pick her up, I am surrounded by moms who are picking up their 3 or 4 year olds, while holding a baby in their arms. What I would give to just be there picking up my child! (we are TTC #1). It can be hard caring for someone else's kids when you so badly want your own, but this just makes it worse some days. That said, I want to clarify that I adore my job as a nanny! Hugs to you, and Fx you will get your BFP soon!!

eesmommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Sorry, this is the very reason I don't go to moms night outs or mops or the library for story time. I stay home and enjoy my children. We have been trying to 4 years and had 2 miscarriages last year, one in march and one in November.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mama2JoshKatie
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Triplets, wow! I'm glad the baby was okay!

Quoting mandaschelle:

Yes

Today I picked up my 2 year old up at preschool and one of the Moms  brought her TRIPLETS!!! To pick up their big sister.

I was jealous and felt sorry for her at the same time. She had some problem in the parking lot with the special stoller and one of the babies in her fell out carseat and all. I felt so scared and sorry for her. Thankfully baby seemed to be ok. and I hope the Mom doesnt beat herself up about it.

Mama2JoshKatie
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:06 PM

I'm sorry! I'm an older Mom too (36) so I can relate. I hope you get your BFP soon.

Quoting sunshinegirl629:

I hear you there! Seems like everyone in my area has babies really young, so I worry about finding friends my age with babies too. But then last week a girl who is old enough to have grandchildren at my work just found out she was pregnant - really upset me.

Mama2JoshKatie
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:09 PM

I'm glad you have that support. Most people know about my miscarriage (since I was pretty far along they had already known for awhile that I was pregnant) but we've told very few people that we've been TTC again since 2 months after we lost him.

Quoting sjenkins8208:

Yeah.....there are two to three NEWBORNS at mybsobs preschool everyday for pick up. The moms know about my miscarriage and ttc troubles so it's nice to have support.

Mama2JoshKatie
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Thank you.

Quoting momof1want1mor:

I'm so sorry I can understand how you feel and it hurts. Hope you get your rainbow baby soon hun

Mama2JoshKatie
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:12 PM

I'm so sorry. I will pray that you will be blessed with a child very soon!

Quoting armstrong7984:

Yup that's happened a lot to me but I don't have any kids. So besides being left out of every circle for not having children I get asked all the time why we don't and when we will have children. I would be content if I had just one. I just wanna know how it feels to have a baby growing inside you and being able to watch them grow into young adults.. I would be grateful that god has blessed me with at least one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)