Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

well that was fun (sarcasm)

I met some of the women from my church at a restaurant last night. I got there late so the only place to sit was at the end of the table, where it just so happened the three mothers with newborns happened to be sitting. They don't know that DH and I have been TTC for three years and they don't know about my two miscarriages (one at 17 weeks). I got to sit there looking at the beautiful babies and hearing all the newborn stories. I just smiled and occasionally mentioned something from when my kids were born. I was so miserable on the inside though. One of them turned to me and asked how old my kids are. I said "eight and five" and she waved her hand and said "oh you are way past the newborn stage then". I'm not about to tell someone I hardly know all my troubles so I just smiled and said "yeah" but inside I was thinking "you just have no idea".

I couldn't help but look at the babies. Besides the fact they were right in front of me It's hard not to look. They are so beautiful, precious and tiny. But then I would have to quickly look away because it hurts soooo much. :(

Has anything like this happened to anyone else?

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Replies (31-40):
Mama2JoshKatie
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I'm considering that. Just staying home sounds pretty good to me, but I get so much pressure from my husband and friends and church group to be involved in things. Sometimes I wish everyone would just quit bugging me. lol

Quoting eesmommy:

Sorry, this is the very reason I don't go to moms night outs or mops or the library for story time. I stay home and enjoy my children. We have been trying to 4 years and had 2 miscarriages last year, one in march and one in November.

Jesi102
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Yes but only I had an anxiety attack when going to meet our friends' newborn which triggered an insulin reaction...not cool
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
4ever_a_memory
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:19 PM

It happens all the time thats all anyone here seems to know how to do is have babies lol At my hubs work alone there have been 22 babies born since this past June and I am on the cooking group so whenever someone has a baby or surgery or a death in the fmaily I have to prepare a meal and take it to the family its hard. Hugs hun.

CmC1307
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Yeah working in childcare im constantly doing tours and enrolling expectant moms and im just so jealous its hard
sunshinegirl629
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Thanks, wish you the best of luck!

shortycmlb
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:11 PM

I am so sorry. I recently had a miscarriage at 10weeks and when I see people that are pregnant around the same date or little ones it kind of hurts inside :(

eesmommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:42 PM
I simply told everyone I needed a break to focus on homeschooling and my business. It closed mouths and I stay in touch with certain ladies from my mops group and that further closes mouths lol.

Quoting Mama2JoshKatie:

I'm considering that. Just staying home sounds pretty good to me, but I get so much pressure from my husband and friends and church group to be involved in things. Sometimes I wish everyone would just quit bugging me. lol

Quoting eesmommy:

Sorry, this is the very reason I don't go to moms night outs or mops or the library for story time. I stay home and enjoy my children. We have been trying to 4 years and had 2 miscarriages last year, one in march and one in November.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Yeah all the time. It happens from being around family to going to the gyno and seeing newborns or a baby bump. I went to my gyno this month and a few ladies had a baby bump and I went and sat on the other side of the office just so I didnt have to look at them. It made it worse thinking about if my IVF would have worked I would be going on 4 months now. Ive had a few ladies ask me about why we didnt have kids or when were we going to start and I have to lie and say we arent ready because Im not going into details about me trying for #1 for 6yrs now. I am so sorry you are going through this as well. I hope you will get your bfp soon. Good luck :)

karamelkat9
by Chrissy on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:03 PM

At least you don't have a 14 year old giving birth in one ear and hearing her say "your sh*t is messed up". I was on depo at the time but yet it still hurts. I know how you feel, I really do. But I don't even have ONE to even be in a part of the conversations.

Hoping we get our BFPs soon :)

Mama2JoshKatie
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:45 PM

I hope you get your BFP soon. Secondary infertility hurts too, but I understand how it might be hard for someone experiencing primary infertility to realize that. It's not like saying "oh well I already have two!" especially when you throw miscarriages into the mix. But I'm not going to compare our pain or situations because we're different. I'm just going to say I'm so sorry you are going through this and I hope and pray things turn around for you very soon.

Quoting karamelkat9:

At least you don't have a 14 year old giving birth in one ear and hearing her say "your sh*t is messed up". I was on depo at the time but yet it still hurts. I know how you feel, I really do. But I don't even have ONE to even be in a part of the conversations.

Hoping we get our BFPs soon :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)