Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

well that was fun (sarcasm)

I met some of the women from my church at a restaurant last night. I got there late so the only place to sit was at the end of the table, where it just so happened the three mothers with newborns happened to be sitting. They don't know that DH and I have been TTC for three years and they don't know about my two miscarriages (one at 17 weeks). I got to sit there looking at the beautiful babies and hearing all the newborn stories. I just smiled and occasionally mentioned something from when my kids were born. I was so miserable on the inside though. One of them turned to me and asked how old my kids are. I said "eight and five" and she waved her hand and said "oh you are way past the newborn stage then". I'm not about to tell someone I hardly know all my troubles so I just smiled and said "yeah" but inside I was thinking "you just have no idea".

I couldn't help but look at the babies. Besides the fact they were right in front of me It's hard not to look. They are so beautiful, precious and tiny. But then I would have to quickly look away because it hurts soooo much. :(

Has anything like this happened to anyone else?

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Replies (41-45):
karamelkat9
by Chrissy on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Thank you. :) and I know I ovulate pretty well and my cycles are pretty normal so I know for now it is not a fertility issue. I just think it is all wrong timing on my part. I barely figured all this out 2 months ago. I am still actually learning more and more through the site. But thank you for your understanding. It is just other people that we let get to ourselves. I really hope you can complete your family and concieve another child. :)

I had a reading on here and the lady told me she sees me giving birth to a small but healthy little girl in November. I am hoping and praying she is right.

Quoting Mama2JoshKatie:

I hope you get your BFP soon. Secondary infertility hurts too, but I understand how it might be hard for someone experiencing primary infertility to realize that. It's not like saying "oh well I already have two!" especially when you throw miscarriages into the mix. But I'm not going to compare our pain or situations because we're different. I'm just going to say I'm so sorry you are going through this and I hope and pray things turn around for you very soon.

Quoting karamelkat9:

At least you don't have a 14 year old giving birth in one ear and hearing her say "your sh*t is messed up". I was on depo at the time but yet it still hurts. I know how you feel, I really do. But I don't even have ONE to even be in a part of the conversations.

Hoping we get our BFPs soon :)

samanthe75
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:41 PM
I hear that all the time too I usually say nothing bout if and quickly change the topic. I have 23 nieces and nephews and my siblings only planned a cpl and it upsets me having been trying for over a year and cry myself too sleep constantly. If breaks my heart. I wish all of you get your BFP soon!!!

Quoting hypnautica:

Yeah all the time. It happens from being around family to going to the gyno and seeing newborns or a baby bump. I went to my gyno this month and a few ladies had a baby bump and I went and sat on the other side of the office just so I didnt have to look at them. It made it worse thinking about if my IVF would have worked I would be going on 4 months now. Ive had a few ladies ask me about why we didnt have kids or when were we going to start and I have to lie and say we arent ready because Im not going into details about me trying for #1 for 6yrs now. I am so sorry you are going through this as well. I hope you will get your bfp soon. Good luck :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma2010
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:53 AM
1 mom liked this

all the time. we have been trying for a year and had a miscarriage while everyone else in our home bible study gets pregnant willy nilly and talks endlessly about their labor and birth plans and bounces newborns around. hugs

aussiechic
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:51 AM

Oh yeah.  I had to go to the OB for PP check up after i lost my son at 20 weeks. The waiting room was small and full and 2 women had newborns.  All i could think of was my poor son who didn't make it and how i felt like a failure as a woman/mother.  :(   (((big hugs))) I pray you get your BFP soon mama. 

Camsmommy12
by Christina on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:08 AM
It always seems everywhere I go someone is either pregnant, and or has a new baby. It hurts to see women out there that don't take care of their children.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)