Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Since I'm already a mom, would anyone like to ask me anything about pregnancy or having a baby?

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:38 PM
  • 34 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have some time tonight, if anyone is interested.  I have a lot of TTC questions bc getting pregnant with my daughter (who is now 4) was an odd thing following a miscarriage so my symptoms etc were all weird.  Plus it was a while ago and my memory isn't what it used to be ;)

But if I can answer anyone's questions, I will be glad to do it if it helps. I know I had a ton of questions about what pregnancy/motherhood would be like. :)

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
acook0331
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:41 PM

I am fairly certain that a lot of us are moms as well. :-)

MommyAddie
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:48 PM
I have 3, trying for 4 lol.

Quoting acook0331:

I am fairly certain that a lot of us are moms as well. :-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tomcatgirl
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:55 PM

I posted this on another board I belong to as well (not cafemom) and got a few questions about what to expect.  I also had a thread like this when I was ttc my first that was posted from someone else and I asked a question (although can't remember what it was) and was interested in the answer. 

I know there are lots of moms on here.  I was just seeing if anyone was interested in some answers as it was helpful to me a few years ago.  And as I said, I was killing time. :) Definately was not trying to make it an "Im a mom and youre not post" and I hope it didn't come across that way.

HW614
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's nice of you to post this :) I had tons of questions my first time around!!

Tomcatgirl
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Thank you!

Quoting HW614:

I think it's nice of you to post this :) I had tons of questions my first time around!!

karamelkat9
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:25 PM

I don't have any children... waiting to concieve my first. Got any tips? :)

Tomcatgirl
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:46 PM
2 moms liked this

I dont have any tips on actually conceiving(been trying for #2 forever!) but the best item that we got for when she was a baby was the pack n play.  We have a two story house so we used the changing table portion for the downstairs so we didn't have to climb stairs all the time (especially post c section), she slept in it by our bed (in the bassinet part) for a month, it was a playpen to keep her safe (supervised of course) and it was her travel bed till she was two.  Definately a great investment for us.

As far as being a Mommy the one thing I realized was quickly was as judgemental as some moms can be, we all are feeling our way through this one day at a time.  And we do what is best for our baby and that is what matters.

As far as pregnancy, take Colace stool softener.  You will get constipated :) I had no idea about that but WOW was Colace my friend!

Quoting karamelkat9:

.Peaches.
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Yeah, this definitely ain't my first rodeo- tryin for numero 4 aqui.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Eshadowgirl
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Im TTC my first right now. But advice is always nice.

I know bout the Pack N play.  Used to actually keep one in my house. I babysat my nephew as an infant, and later my niece(who is now 4 1/2). It was a godsend for when I had them for a day or overnight.

I plan on buyin one once im Pregnant.

karamelkat9
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:14 AM

I am going to have to look into that pack n play.  :) Thank you.

I know all beginning mothers have that scare of "why is my baby crying". I used to take care of my cousin when she was a baby. But will there be times when I actually have no idea why the newborn is crying? and did you have like a list to go through to find out why? like changed, fed, and etc

Quoting Tomcatgirl:

I dont have any tips on actually conceiving(been trying for #2 forever!) but the best item that we got for when she was a baby was the pack n play.  We have a two story house so we used the changing table portion for the downstairs so we didn't have to climb stairs all the time (especially post c section), she slept in it by our bed (in the bassinet part) for a month, it was a playpen to keep her safe (supervised of course) and it was her travel bed till she was two.  Definately a great investment for us.

As far as being a Mommy the one thing I realized was quickly was as judgemental as some moms can be, we all are feeling our way through this one day at a time.  And we do what is best for our baby and that is what matters.

As far as pregnancy, take Colace stool softener.  You will get constipated :) I had no idea about that but WOW was Colace my friend!

Quoting karamelkat9:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN