Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Can your bbt be too low?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:50 AM
  • 11 Replies
Ok so we are ttc for #2. I track my bbt, and 1 day I am talking to my cousins wife and she said a it lowers your fertility if your temp is to low. In all my research I have never seen this stated. But, I could have missed something, so is there any truth to this? She claimed anything lower than 98.2 causes issues. My bbt never goes above 97.8 and goes as low as 96.5.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs_Blick
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:38 AM
No idea but here is a bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DevonD83
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Lots of people temp low and get preggo. What your temp is doesn't stop it. Back when I was TTC baby 3 my pre O temp was 96 and post O temp 97-98
xtriciax
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:51 AM
2 moms liked this

i hope not this is my 1st month charting bbt and my high so far has only been 96.52 and my lowest was 95.62 still havent O yet but hoping to today or tomorrow im on cd14

MamaTwinkleA
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Thats kinda what I thought. She insisted I would have problems even though I know I O last month. She said to drink something really warm before sex to keep your body temp up. It didnt make sense to me since that would be so temporary.

Quoting DevonD83:

Lots of people temp low and get preggo. What your temp is doesn't stop it. Back when I was TTC baby 3 my pre O temp was 96 and post O temp 97-98

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DevonD83
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this
That's funny. Drink coffee or you won't get preggo haha.
crzemom
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:01 AM
I noticed since its winter my temps are lower so I started taking it an hr later so it looks like it did before
Jojo3400
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Mine is 96.98 and I think it's very normal well I am hoping. I came off the pill on 31 December and I am waiting with baited breath to ovulate... Hold thumbs it happens soon!

shrugging

dj_kern
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Your body temp is always different when you first wake up as to the rest of the day.  When i used to temp.  I had temps in the 97's during the morning bbt, and then took it later to see a difference and it was back in teh 98's.  I dont' think she knows what she is talking about. 

Quoting MamaTwinkleA:

Thats kinda what I thought. She insisted I would have problems even though I know I O last month. She said to drink something really warm before sex to keep your body temp up. It didnt make sense to me since that would be so temporary.

Quoting DevonD83:

MamaTwinkleA
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:22 PM
My regular temp is 97.4 I feel terrible at 98.6 docs look at me like I am crazy. Yeah I thought she had bad info but I didn't want to completly disregard it without other input.

Quoting dj_kern:

Your body temp is always different when you first wake up as to the rest of the day.  When i used to temp.  I had temps in the 97's during the morning bbt, and then took it later to see a difference and it was back in teh 98's.  I dont' think she knows what she is talking about. 

Quoting MamaTwinkleA:

Quoting DevonD83:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommasethi
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:21 PM
My pre ovulation temps are Luke 96.5-96.8. Then post ovulation they can go high as 97.8. My RE checked my bloodwork out and it turns out I have a lil bit of hypothyroidism ( low functioning thyroid) so he put me Synthroid. He states that hypothyroidism can interfere with ttc sometimes. Hope that helps.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN