Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Have you changed your diet??

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:11 AM
  • 22 Replies
3 moms liked this

When DH and I decided to start TTC I decided to change my diet even further. I started packing even more fruits and vegetables into my diet and ive been making a lot of green smoothies. I also decided to stop eating meat because of all the hormones in it.. That has definitely been hard lol. Ive been trying to eat lots of extra protein though to replace it, walnuts and pistachios have been my favorite. As well as my favorite snack 100% all natural peanut butter (the only ingredient is peanuts lol) on 100% whole wheat toast!! Ive also been eating a lot more organic yogurt. I stopped drinking coffee and alcohol and have been taking B12, B6, Iron, Folic Acid, Vitamin E and Vitamin C.

Im just trying to be super healthy while TTC and its definitely been a change but its made me feel even better!

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xtriciax
by tricia on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:13 AM

i have not been as good as you lol.... i still drink caffine (a coffee ever few days or so), i dont even give up red meat when preg, dont think i could lol. and im taking a prenatel thats about it. high five on the good job

Italiancouture7
by Krystine on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Quoting xtriciax:

i have not been as good as you lol.... i still drink caffine (a coffee ever few days or so), i dont even give up red meat when preg, dont think i could lol. and im taking a prenatel thats about it. high five on the good job

I wasnt this good last pregnancy lol I was very healthy though. IDK if I will be able to maintain the no meat thing while pregnant though, I want to make sure the baby gets enough nutrients.

xtriciax
by tricia on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:23 AM

yea once i get preg i cant hold any food down anyways soooo lol i have been preg 3 times (2 mc at 10 weeks) and each time i lose 20lbs the first trimester.  best diet ever for me lol (that was a joke ppl lol)

Quoting Italiancouture7:

Quoting xtriciax:

I wasnt this good last pregnancy lol I was very healthy though. IDK if I will be able to maintain the no meat thing while pregnant though, I want to make sure the baby gets enough nutrients.

Italiancouture7
by Krystine on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Ya this will be my second but with my first I had severe morning sickness (Hyperemesis Gravidarum). It was awful, I was given zofran and it did nothing. I couldn't move without throwing up. Because of that I only gained 13 lbs with the pregnancy.

Quoting xtriciax:

yea once i get preg i cant hold any food down anyways soooo lol i have been preg 3 times (2 mc at 10 weeks) and each time i lose 20lbs the first trimester.  best diet ever for me lol (that was a joke ppl lol)

Quoting Italiancouture7:

Quoting xtriciax:

xtriciax
by tricia on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:28 AM

yea with dd i lost 23lbs then gained back 25 so after i had her i was actually 5lbs below my start weight lol

Quoting Italiancouture7:

Ya this will be my second but with my first I had severe morning sickness (Hyperemesis Gravidarum). It was awful, I was given zofran and it did nothing. I couldn't move without throwing up. Because of that I only gained 13 lbs with the pregnancy.

Quoting xtriciax:

Quoting Italiancouture7:

Quoting xtriciax:

Italiancouture7
by Krystine on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Ya I ended up being 20 below my start weight which never came back lol but it does make me nervous for this time around. I dont need to lose anymore weight and im praying I dont have that debilitating morning sickness again!!!

Quoting xtriciax:

yea with dd i lost 23lbs then gained back 25 so after i had her i was actually 5lbs below my start weight lol

Quoting Italiancouture7:

Quoting xtriciax:

Quoting Italiancouture7:

Quoting xtriciax:

xtriciax
by tricia on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:40 AM

yea ive lost alot of weight for this pregnancy (and to just be healthier and happier) so i have about 10 lbs till my goal weight. hoping my hormones dont go crazy like they did after the birth of my dd (i have pcos) and i ended up gaining 80lbs the year after i had her and we couldnt stop it it was awful.

Quoting Italiancouture7:

Ya I ended up being 20 below my start weight which never came back lol but it does make me nervous for this time around. I dont need to lose anymore weight and im praying I dont have that debilitating morning sickness again!!!

Quoting xtriciax:

Quoting Italiancouture7:

Quoting xtriciax:

Quoting Italiancouture7:

Quoting xtriciax:

mama2gg
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:40 AM
4 moms liked this
I made a lifestyle change and got my bfp
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Italiancouture7
by Krystine on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Oh no :( im so sorry I wish you good luck with this pregnancy!!!!

Quoting xtriciax:

yea ive lost alot of weight for this pregnancy (and to just be healthier and happier) so i have about 10 lbs till my goal weight. hoping my hormones dont go crazy like they did after the birth of my dd (i have pcos) and i ended up gaining 80lbs the year after i had her and we couldnt stop it it was awful.

Quoting Italiancouture7:

Quoting xtriciax:

Quoting Italiancouture7:

Quoting xtriciax:

Quoting Italiancouture7:

Quoting xtriciax:

ajzuell
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:54 AM
2 moms liked this

I started eating healthier this cycle {loss 3 pounds in 11 days}. I've added more fruits&veggies and less meat.  Also walking 30 min each day. I am also taking some supplements.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)