Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Are you getting any maternity time and pay?

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:19 PM
  • 17 Replies

Looks like I will not be so just wondering if any one else wasn't and what your plans are.

juggling

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brightstar28
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:05 PM

I am able to take up to 12 weeks, however, I only get one week paid.  The rest are unpaid which really sucks.  I will be taking 6-8 weeks off... I haven't decided yet.

andymom2be
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:42 PM
I am taking 12 weeks off but won't get paid until a week after I have the baby and I'll get paid for them all
having a baby
Y2kmomma
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:45 PM
I will be getting paid 12 week, but don't plan on returning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sourchick2
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Ill be getting paid 14 weeks....phew been there 5 yrs might take longer. But its a good thing bc my dh is unemployed at the moment :( hopefully he will have a job come July but Im sure he wont get paid time off. So God blessed me with mine :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrs.autry21
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:07 PM
I'll get 6 weeks off but 'Ill only have it paid for if I have time saved up which I don't because of taking vaction during the holidays. So I'm counting on my taxes to get me through until I go back.
Mama_Dolly
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:09 PM

if things work out and I get pregnant in the next couple of months I can get my year paid leave

kelly617
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:41 PM

I get 6wks for a natural birth or 8wks for a c-section paid (kind of) I'll only get $250 a week so thats a HUGE loss in pay but at least its something
After that I can take up to 12wks unpaid...but I won't be doing that

new83
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:11 AM

I can take up to 6 months off, however after 2 weeks from the union and 5 weeks of STD, the rest will be my accumilated time off (sick, personal, vacation and comp time). I believe I will be taking 4 months off, which will leave me with a couple weeks time upon return in case of emergencies.

Mzwest83
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:04 AM

This is me right now. I am just starting my job and I am 4 months. I don't think I can get short term disablity because of the pregnancy. With PTO time I should have 4 maybe 5 days. I am praying I don't need to take time off before baby or I am screwed! I am also planning on using some tax money but really need it to get my house updated before baby. So I am a little freaked. Plus since i am just starting I don't get FMLA at all so I don't know if I will have a job to go back to :0(

Quoting mrs.autry21:

I'll get 6 weeks off but 'Ill only have it paid for if I have time saved up which I don't because of taking vaction during the holidays. So I'm counting on my taxes to get me through until I go back.

cnlsmommy
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:33 AM
I can useFMLA to be off, but it is not paid per se. I have short term disability that I will use and then some PTO to make up the difference between the disability and regular pay.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN