Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Are you getting any maternity time and pay?

Posted by   + Show Post

Looks like I will not be so just wondering if any one else wasn't and what your plans are.

juggling

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Replies (11-17):
1stTimeMom1982
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:07 AM
I'm getting time but I doubt I'm getting paid for the time. I work for someone who owns their company and I'm the only employee there. I'll be taking the usual 12 wks though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DesertSunset
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:31 AM

I get 6 weeks for a vaginal deliverary, 8 weeks for a c-section. I have STD that will pay $300 a week, which isn't too bad. Plus they will pay all my health insurance until I return. Luckily DH has a great job and we will be getting a month ahead in all our bills so we shouldn't feel the bite too bad.

KelliansMom
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:33 AM

I dont work so dont have to worry about that. My husnbads work does give fathers three weeks of paid time off which was nice when our son was born 

lbrummett
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Where do you live that you get a year? That would be awesome!

Quoting Mama_Dolly:

if things work out and I get pregnant in the next couple of months I can get my year paid leave

Mama_Dolly
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Canada

Quoting lbrummett:

Quoting Mama_Dolly:

if things work out and I get pregnant in the next couple of months I can get my year paid leave

lbrummett
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:45 AM
I wondered because there was a thing on Facebook talking about countries and maternity leave paid and I saw Canada had that long but it was so hard for me to believe since we get nothing unless we have pto.

Quoting Mama_Dolly:

Canada

Quoting lbrummett:

Quoting Mama_Dolly:

Mama_Dolly
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:10 AM
yah but even in canada you have to do so much just to get that yr...
you have to be a legal citizen able work legally. have to be on payroll. have to accumulated 600hrs of on the clock time. you cant be self employeed. you have to notify your job 4 weeks before you leave (if something happens before then your leave starts asap, but your pay is delayed/backpaid)... there is alot of paper work. and dealing with the govt. lol

Quoting lbrummett:

I wondered because there was a thing on Facebook talking about countries and maternity leave paid and I saw Canada had that long but it was so hard for me to believe since we get nothing unless we have pto.

Quoting Mama_Dolly:

Canada

Quoting lbrummett:

Quoting Mama_Dolly:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN