Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

I'm pretty sure FR OPK's are craptastic

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:34 PM
  • 8 Replies

OK, this is my first month using OPKs, so I brought the FR brand, because I cannot read those other ones and really don't have enough time or brain power to sit around and figure out if the line is dark enough. I figure, you can't go wrong with a 'Yes' or 'No' answer, right?

I been peein on these damn things for almost 10 days straight, and I haven't gotten a + ONCE. I have a regular cycle, and I O on day 15 every cycle (which is today). I peed on two today, and STILL got a negative. So now I'm really pissed and about to tear the cabinet off the bathroom wall. When I eject the test strip, I notice that it has a pink line Weird. So I googled it.

Come to find out, this has happened to a LOT (and by a lot, I mean a TON) of women. No other test strip has had the pink line, which leads me to believe that FR OPKs are crap and would have me missing my O date, which is today.

Ugh, I'm so glad I looked down at that thing before I flung it in the back of the cabinet! I think I'll test again around 8 or 9 and see if I get another line. Me and my sweetie had a huge fight last night, so I don't even know if we're gonna BD....he's weirdly aggravating like that.

Thanks for reading my rant. If I don't catch it this cycle, I'll be switching to Clear Blue Easy.

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Mzwest83
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:38 PM

I think they are. I used twice a day for 15 days. Never got a positive. I got pregnant that cycle so I had to have o'd! Waste of money! 

.Peaches.
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Quoting Mzwest83:

I think they are. I used twice a day for 15 days. Never got a positive. I got pregnant that cycle so I had to have o'd! Waste of money! 

OK, so its seriously not just me...I thought I was losing my mind with all the negatives I was getting! Like I said, I KNOW my cycle, its regular, never had any fertility issues, but this crap had me totally second guessing myself.

I'm gonna go see if I can find that test (that's way in the back of the cabinet, buried under piles of bathroom crap lol) and see if I can take a picture of it.

Oh, and the other thing that pisses me off is if you do get a positive, it shuts off permenently, so you never get to use the rest of the tests! It tells you to start on CD 5, so it can get to know your individual LH levels, which is stupid, because I've never heard of any other test needing to do this.

After I pee on those last two sticks tomorrow, I'm done, forget this LOL

tinkerbellp
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:49 PM

oh lord hope u will get it soon gl

KalebsMommy7408
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:56 PM
I used fr digital opk and clearblue digital opk... the fr didn't give me a pos til the day after clearblue. I don't recommend them
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mama2gg
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Hated them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Michaela880
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:24 PM

I used one cycle FR opk, simultan with clrear blue opk, andddd I got smile facec on CL opk, before I got pos on FR opk, that wierd because i know that Digital are not so sensitive like other with line.....hug fr u and may God bless u soon with a very healthy baby

.Peaches.
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Thanks ladies. I just tested again, and noticed I had EWCM, something I don't get every month, and some light cramping earlier, so I KNOW I am O'ing. I went ahead an marked today as my O date for countdowntopregnancy. You think the stupid digital test picked it up? NOT A SNOWBALL'S CHANCE IN HELL! lol I'm so over this brand. If I get AF this cycle, I swear I'm switching to ClearBlu Easy!!!!
Piper2011
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Hi There, I just wanted to respond to your post because I was getting frustrated with the constant "No" of first response digital. This is my second cycle using it and I have a pretty consistant 28 day cycle. Anyway, I was on day CD13 and I decided I would go to walgreens and buy a CBE digital. I am so glad I did, because it was a smiley face that day at 10 a.m. I also bought walgreens opk's and the positive lines were clear as day. I then tested again with the FR and it was still "No" on the screen! That evening I did both CBE and Walgreens and they were both negative at 8 p.m. I bet my surge started that night and was short lived. I would have completely missed it if I depended on the FR. I followed their instruction and still have yet to ever so "Yes". Anyway, I hope that helps in choosing a different brand. I am convinced it isn't sensitve enough for my surge. Good luck! I am sure hoping for good news on this end:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)