Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Tracking Temps

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:37 AM
  • 7 Replies

I said I wasnt going to do this but I just really want to get in better touch with my body. But I always get up at least twice a night to use the restroom so would this mess up trackingmy temp or should I take it the first time I get up to go the bathroom? 

BE BOLD check your husbands balls, early detection is the key to saving a life 

NEED TO KNOW FACTS: TESTICULAR CANCER
✔ One man is diagnosed every hour
✔ One man dies everyday
✔ Can strike at any age, however, most common in the 15-35 age range
✔ Number one killing cancer of young men
✔ MOST CURABLE CANCER, When Caught Early!

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
GwenMB
by Gwen on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:16 AM

You should just try to make sure you have 3 hours of sleep before you temp.

But if you are pretty consistent w what time you get up during the night, I'd just temp right before you get up for the day.  Quite likely, you'll be able to see a pattern to your temps.  If you aren't, then try to be very careful about getting at least 3 hours of sleep before temping &/or temp the first time you get up to pee if you have 3 hours of sleep before that.

KelliansMom
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Im pretty consisten with waking up at four am the firs time to pee and the second time is around six ..then im back to sleep till my son gets up around four ...So Ill just track before i get up to pee the first time since I have been alseep for about fix  hours by then ...thank you for hte info

Quoting GwenMB:

But if you are pretty consistent w what time you get up during the night, I'd just temp right before you get up for the day.  Quite likely, you'll be able to see a pattern to your temps.  If you aren't, then try to be very careful about getting at least 3 hours of sleep before temping &/or temp the first time you get up to pee if you have 3 hours of sleep before that.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I think that sounds like a very good plan.  Good luck!  Feel free to ask questions here, lots of ladies have lots of charting experience. :)

Quoting KelliansMom:

Im pretty consisten with waking up at four am the firs time to pee and the second time is around six ..then im back to sleep till my son gets up around four ...So Ill just track before i get up to pee the first time since I have been alseep for about fix  hours by then ...thank you for hte info

Quoting GwenMB:

KelliansMom
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I will . I was hoping to avoid it ..but I fear im reading far to much into my body and over thinking things ..Im hoping tracking my temps and my daily inner workings will help me stop over thinking things

Quoting GwenMB:

I think that sounds like a very good plan.  Good luck!  Feel free to ask questions here, lots of ladies have lots of charting experience. :)

Quoting KelliansMom:

Quoting GwenMB:

GwenMB
by Gwen on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Many women think that tracking their temps makes the over thinking worse, but I did find that it helped.  I knew where I was with everything, so no wondering.

I wish I had been temping this last cycle, I would have spent a lot less time wondering about the O spotting I had & then if it was too soon to test or not.

Quoting KelliansMom:

I will . I was hoping to avoid it ..but I fear im reading far to much into my body and over thinking things ..Im hoping tracking my temps and my daily inner workings will help me stop over thinking things

Quoting GwenMB:

Quoting KelliansMom:

Quoting GwenMB:

KelliansMom
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:42 AM

i didnt do anything the last two cycles and I found myself over thingking everything ...its been four years since we tried and then we didnt really try persay. I was worried tracking would make me over think and stress bc my husband most likely will miss a few cycles bc of work ..but at least this wya I will understand myself more and stress less 

Quoting GwenMB:

Many women think that tracking their temps makes the over thinking worse, but I did find that it helped.  I knew where I was with everything, so no wondering.

I wish I had been temping this last cycle, I would have spent a lot less time wondering about the O spotting I had & then if it was too soon to test or not.

Quoting KelliansMom:

Quoting GwenMB:

Quoting KelliansMom:

Quoting GwenMB:

mommy2585
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:48 AM

I was wondering the same thing about over-thinking. Right now I am temping to make sure that I ovulate regularly and that my luteal phase is good. My cycles are really regular, so I've wondered if I should stop temping in August when we ttc. My concern is that I won't be able to relax when the time comes. I may need to just relax and bd when I have my EWCM. 

Quoting GwenMB:

Quoting KelliansMom:

Quoting GwenMB:

Quoting KelliansMom:

Quoting GwenMB:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)