Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just had laproscopy surgery today.....

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:28 PM
  • 51 Replies
And am currently recovering. If you are curious ask me anything....I'm praying to the good lord above this surgery will bless us with our miracle....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Good Luck

DavonnaC
by Davonna on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:29 PM

What exactly did you have done?

lyssesmommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:33 PM
I actually had a hysterocopy as well to remove some polyps. One which was blocking one of my tubes. Lap surgery is to check and remove endometriosis which he said I had little of. The Dr also removed some scar tissue in my tubes. This can cause fertility issues and could be the reason I have not conceived. The surgery according to my Dr improves fertility by 30% for the next yr or so...

Quoting DavonnaC:

MrsBell29
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:36 PM

I have been TTC for 5 years with NO LUCK, i had lap surgery on 10/3/12 for PCOS and Endo.  I had 1 cycle in Nov and 1 in Dec 21, 2012  !  I ovulated on 1/6/13 and I am currently PREGNANT!  I hope this is incouraging mama !

mama2gg
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:36 PM
I hope you feel better soon my lap was the best thing I ever did :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DavonnaC
by Davonna on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:37 PM

All that sounds promising :) how soon do you get to try? 

Quoting lyssesmommy:

I actually had a hysterocopy as well to remove some polyps. One which was blocking one of my tubes. Lap surgery is to check and remove endometriosis which he said I had little of. The Dr also removed some scar tissue in my tubes. This can cause fertility issues and could be the reason I have not conceived. The surgery according to my Dr improves fertility by 30% for the next yr or so...

Quoting DavonnaC:

lyssesmommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Thx so much...this is very encouraging. Should I be worried there wasn't a lot of endo to remove? I guess what I'm asking is since there wasn't a lot of endo does it still up my chances of getting pregnant?

Quoting MrsBell29:

I have been TTC for 5 years with NO LUCK, i had lap surgery on 10/3/12 for PCOS and Endo.  I had 1 cycle in Nov and 1 in Dec 21, 2012  !  I ovulated on 1/6/13 and I am currently PREGNANT!  I hope this is incouraging mama !

lyssesmommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this
He said a couple of weeks considering I cant have anything in my vagina for 2 weeks...so hopefully ill get a normal period sometime soon.

Quoting DavonnaC:

All that sounds promising :) how soon do you get to try? 

Quoting lyssesmommy:

Quoting DavonnaC:

lyssesmommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Thx! Did u get pregnant shortly after?

Quoting mama2gg:

I hope you feel better soon my lap was the best thing I ever did :)

MrsBell29
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:43 PM

My doctor had thought i had endo, and he was right !  He only removed alittle as well, he said there was not much.  
But i REALLY think without the surgery i would have never gotten pregnant ! 

Quoting lyssesmommy:

Thx so much...this is very encouraging. Should I be worried there wasn't a lot of endo to remove? I guess what I'm asking is since there wasn't a lot of endo does it still up my chances of getting pregnant?

Quoting MrsBell29:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured