Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

work and pregnancy?

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:28 PM
  • 6 Replies

I work at a federal detention center with female inmates. stress violence and chemical agents. I let my work know that i am pregnant 15 weeks now and i am still working around I/m's. which is a growing concern for obvious reasons. So i am probably going to be taken off work at 6 months. end of April. My question is does anyone know if i will be put on disability and then take FMLA after for the 12 weeks? i have read and re-read the policy's and so forth at my work and the only thing that is clear is that the first 7 days of disability for any reason are unpaid unless you have PTO. which i will have a weeks worth by that time. So does anyone else know CA rules/regulations pertaing to going out of work early?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
3kidz123
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:42 PM

I would think that your work would have to put you on a desk job for saftey. You shouldn't be with imates and you shouldn't have to leave! I'd call a laywer if I were you...police put their female cops on deck duty...you should be getting something like that too I would think!

cruelella2to
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:45 PM

thats what i thought too and that is why i told them this early, other wise i would have kept my mouth shut lol. However when i asked around it appears that they move you only when you are showing. which, if its anything like my first it wont happen till im about to pop.

Quoting 3kidz123:

I would think that your work would have to put you on a desk job for saftey. You shouldn't be with imates and you shouldn't have to leave! I'd call a laywer if I were you...police put their female cops on deck duty...you should be getting something like that too I would think!

MrsLondon
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:46 PM

I'm in ga, but typically you only get short-term disability if you signed up for it and pay the premium. I work for the State so our two options were the plan with no waiting period or the plan with a waiting period. As far as I know you take FMLA after you have the baby and you are paid based on using your time. Sick then Vaca/Annual/Personal. Talk to your HR rep. They should be able to clarify the policy for you.

I hope this helps.

mama2gg
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:49 PM
There are desk jobs at a jail?

Quoting 3kidz123:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cruelella2to
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:50 PM

ha ha i wish. but no. there are poistions/post that have minimal contact with the population

Quoting mama2gg:

Quoting 3kidz123:

mama2gg
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:56 PM
I didn't think so lol...my mom worked for a class D and there was NO desk jobs I mean
There was an office area but the same people had eorworked there for YEARS and no one was going to give up their job for her..

Quoting cruelella2to:

ha ha i wish. but no. there are poistions/post that have minimal contact with the population

Quoting mama2gg:

Quoting 3kidz123:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)