Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Miscarriage - what to expect - Update

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:15 PM
  • 39 Replies

So I had my hcg tested again yesterday & my OB called with the results this morning.  Last Thursday it was 180, yesterday it was 193.  So I clearly am going to miscarry at some point.  It went up, but not nearly enough to indicate a viable pregnancy.

He said something about doing another blood test if I don't start bleeding but I missed how long to wait.

How long would you guess that it would take for me to actually miscarry?

He said to stop taking the progesterone supplement but not to throw it out.  He really wants my DH & I to have another baby & was suggesting I come in to talk to him about Clomid.  He said it helps with egg quality but also with supporting the corpus luteum (I think I have the term right).  Not sure what I think there, not a huge fan of Clomid or know if I really want to go through trying again.  But we won't decide that right now anyway.

Update - I started bleeding yesterday. So far, not too bad. It's only slightly heavier than an af. Mild cramping this morning, but Tylenol took care of it.

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zealand2008
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Is your question about how long it takes to miscarry? I didn't miscarry naturally. I had a D&C. There's another group for miscarriage though that you could ask. I know listening to their stories they ranged from a few days to a few weeks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DavonnaC
by Davonna on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:24 PM

I'm sorry. I Don't know anything but am sending prayers your way. 

JunkYdMom
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:25 PM
I miscarried naturally 5 times. They were all different. Once my levels started going down. Twice it only took a few days. The other times 3 to 4 weeks.
StrawberryCool
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:27 PM
If the numbers went up isnt that a good thing?
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:27 PM

I am so sorry Gwen, I was so excited to hear about your long awaited BFP! This breaks my heart. Praying for you :( As far as I know once your levels start to drop you should MC. But bump for ladies with experiences!!

Hugs!

GwenMB
by Gwen on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:36 AM

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Going up is usually good, but they should be doubling every 48-72 hours right now. Going up only 13 in one week is not good.

StrawberryCool
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Oooh okay.

:-(

Quoting GwenMB:

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Going up is usually good, but they should be doubling every 48-72 hours right now. Going up only 13 in one week is not good.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Quoting Zealand2008:

Is your question about how long it takes to miscarry? I didn't miscarry naturally. I had a D&C. There's another group for miscarriage though that you could ask. I know listening to their stories they ranged from a few days to a few weeks.

How far along were you?

MsWood729
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:13 AM

To answer your question idk, I went the D&C route because I knew I wouldn't be able to handle the waiting game.  I'm sending many prayers your way I'm so sorry to hear this but know your BFP is coming it's coming for all of us, take care & we are here for you

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Zealand2008
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:16 AM
I was 11 weeks. I had a missed miscarriage. His heart stopped beating. My doctor felt it was too dangerous after 10 weeks to deliver naturally.

Quoting GwenMB:

Quoting Zealand2008:

How far along were you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN