Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Miscarriage - what to expect - Update

Posted by   + Show Post

So I had my hcg tested again yesterday & my OB called with the results this morning.  Last Thursday it was 180, yesterday it was 193.  So I clearly am going to miscarry at some point.  It went up, but not nearly enough to indicate a viable pregnancy.

He said something about doing another blood test if I don't start bleeding but I missed how long to wait.

How long would you guess that it would take for me to actually miscarry?

He said to stop taking the progesterone supplement but not to throw it out.  He really wants my DH & I to have another baby & was suggesting I come in to talk to him about Clomid.  He said it helps with egg quality but also with supporting the corpus luteum (I think I have the term right).  Not sure what I think there, not a huge fan of Clomid or know if I really want to go through trying again.  But we won't decide that right now anyway.

Update - I started bleeding yesterday. So far, not too bad. It's only slightly heavier than an af. Mild cramping this morning, but Tylenol took care of it.

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Replies (31-39):
eesmommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Hugs and prayers sweetie, it really all depends on your body. Just listen to your body and don't push anything. It will all be there when its all over, trust me. :-) o am so sorry you have to go through this its really stinks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:09 PM
So very sorry your going through this :( sending prayers your way.
GwenMB
by Gwen on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Thanks, ladies.

dizziestdream
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:51 PM

(((HUGS)))

mz.juice23
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this
im so sorry Gwen, i was so excited to hear that you got your bfp. ill be praying for you
jamielynn0709
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Ugh I'm sorry hun. I started mc around Christmas. My levels got up to the 600's when it should have been up in the 1200's and I have been going once a week since then to make sure they go down. Finally last week it cameback at 10, so hopefully one more blood draw and I am done! I hope your's doesn't last as long as mine has been. Good luck hun.

ccoyle4
by Caitlin on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:07 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm so sorry. I think far too many women have to experience this kind of loss. My hubby didn't understand why I was so upset and devistated. My best wishes go to you in your recovery and grief process.
GwenMB
by Gwen on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Quoting jamielynn0709:

Ugh I'm sorry hun. I started mc around Christmas. My levels got up to the 600's when it should have been up in the 1200's and I have been going once a week since then to make sure they go down. Finally last week it cameback at 10, so hopefully one more blood draw and I am done! I hope your's doesn't last as long as mine has been. Good luck hun.

Were you done bleeding by then? My ob didn't say anything about retesting my levels, I'll have to call tomorrow & ask.

Im sorry its been such a long process for you!

jamielynn0709
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:10 PM
I bleed for just over 2 weeks in the beginning. I still had to go on I've a week for testing. They also haven't let me schedule my follow with my doctor. I was told they want my levels to be negative, which is 3 or lower, before the schedule me in case he wants to do blood work. Not sure what blood with he is going to do, we know what my problem is.
Good luck hun, oh and ps...i don't know if you have every done clomid before but i did for the first time this past cycle and we got pregnant. I ovulate on my own but lately my fertile period and when i actually ovulated weren't together and it helped sync my body up.

Quoting GwenMB:

Quoting jamielynn0709:

Were you done bleeding by then? My ob didn't say anything about retesting my levels, I'll have to call tomorrow & ask.

Im sorry its been such a long process for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)