Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BBT Thermometer

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:50 AM
  • 11 Replies

Hey ladies I was wondering what thermometer you all use for ovulation?? Someone in here said that ovulation tests aren't reliable for testing ovulation. The only thing that is, is your BBT. So I would like to invest in one for next month.. Any suggestions on a good brand??

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
charm2mama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:20 AM

I was only able to find one brand at Walmart...I don't know which brand but it is pink.

Rachelz123
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:23 AM
I got one on amazon for like $10. I think it is made by 3M. Make sure it says basal thermometer. I have seen them at CVS and Target too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
abiddinger
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:27 AM
I got mine from Walgreens for around $11 I believe. I'm not sure of the brand, but it's pink. :) good luck with charting-- I love it!
xtriciax
by tricia on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:18 PM

only one brand at walmart its like $8

wantthatbaby46
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:28 PM

I just got the walgreens brand one. It wasn't too expensive and it was pink also. It comes with covers if you want to temp internally as opposed to orally.

So_Devious20
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:31 PM
I hate my walgreens one slower than molasses
Mama_Dolly
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Im getting one from london drugs... its pink. No clue the brand
Camsmommy12
by Christina on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:16 PM
I am going to buy one at CVS..:) Not so sure of the brand I am sure any would do. GL I am going to start charting when I hit CD1 and try to do it :)
20Keller12
by Michael on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:27 PM

I just use the $10 wally world one. Works just fine. I don't see a reason to spend a lot of money on one. It was with all the other thermometers. It's Mabis Healthcare.

mj.bullion
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:01 AM

As long as you ovulate regularly, ovulation tests are reliable, but you just can't pinpoint the exact day you ovulated like you can with BBT. However, you won't know when you ovulated until after you already did with BBT until you do it a few months to get a feel for it.

The BBT I got was at walmart. It was white and pink.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured