Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Sex: Every day/Every other day?

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:07 PM
  • 14 Replies

So we're trying for baby #4 and you'd think I wouldn't need to ask this lol but I'm going to ask anyway. So I take clomid to ovulate and I use a clearblue easy fertility monitor to detect ovulation. Well according to my monitor I should ovulate sometime tomorrow or monday. DH and I had sex yesterday. In the past we've always done "everyday" around ovulation but DH is on 3rd shift right now and with 3 kids it's a little tricky fitting in "alone time". lol Should we have sex today tomorrow and monday or every other day?

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaybri2012
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Ideally and in a perfect world, every day would be beneficial around ovulation - however, do what you can and don't stress it!  Even if you can do today and Monday or Sunday and Tuesday it would be good as well.  My DH and I have done every other both for stress reasons and our little one who insists on being held all the time. 

LavenderMom23
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Sex can occur two days before ovulation and on the day of ovulation in order to achieve conception. I made a comment pharaphrased from my text book in another post about having sex everyday. Every other day should be more than enough, but I definitely would not want to miss the day you actually ovulate. Most of the sperm will survive for two days, while a slim minority can survive up to five days in your reproductive organs. 

coffeemom37043
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Do everyday to be safe. They say that if you do it everyday sometimes the sperm isn't as strong or plentiful, but hey, can't hurt right?

coleyandtrevor
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:41 PM
I've read that it can depend on your sex life throughout the month. If you have a regular healthy sex life where you have sex a few times a week then every day is fine. If you only have sex a few times a month or only around ovulation that it can reduce his sperm count. But you can always find documentation with the opposite info. Either way should be fine.
momof1want1mor
by Jenny ;) on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:48 PM
I have read the best way is to bd every 36-48 hours and if you have a positive opk bd that day the next day and then again the day after. Gl
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
acook0331
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:14 PM

My husband works nights and just wakes me up when he gets home.  :)  Every other day should be just fine but get in what you can right around the big O!

BrittanyKay12
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Hey, I am a mommy if three trying for # 4 too!!! I haven't taken any ovulation predictor tests, but have been keeping track of my cycles! I am on cd12 right now, and have very stretchy ewcm so hoping that ovulation is happening now or very soon! We are bding every other day, but I was curious about the same thing!! GL!!!!!
So_Devious20
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:42 PM
we bed everyday during my fertile window and day of O. other than that we bed when we want
storkneedsgps
by RoseTyler on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:56 PM
This is what we do too because he works nights. We have sex everyday though

Quoting acook0331:

My husband works nights and just wakes me up when he gets home.  :)  Every other day should be just fine but get in what you can right around the big O!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsWood729
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:09 PM

We BD every other day from CD10, Good Luck!!!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN