Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Have you had a cerclage??

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:36 PM
  • 3 Replies

What was your experience with it? I have read many different articles online about it but all seem doctors orders were different. I am 14 weeks with a thin cervix ( 2.7 cm ) and history of preterm labor. I am also the main source of support for my family so if I can't work we cant eat or have a house over our heads. So my questions is....How long where you in the hospital? Did it hurt? Where you on any bed rest? Could you still have sex? ( sorry my sex drive is in over drive right now!) Any other information is welcome too!

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
irishmommy81
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:05 PM

BUMP!

mwangi1989
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:09 PM
I had a cerclage placed 2 weeks ago at 15 weeks. This is my 2nd pregnancy after I lost my first at 20 weeks. My cervix measured 3.02cm which I was told was ok but I decided to continue with the procedure due to my previous loss. I was only in the hospital for about 2 hours after the surgery and was dischaged with no pain killers. I had some pain after the surgery but it wasn't very painfull. I rested for 2 days and went back for work. Then while at work started having pains and backache and was getting home feeling sick so I decided to take two weeks off coz I felt maybe I was putting too much pressure on myself. One week has gone by without working and just being home and I feel fine. I get a bit of pain here and there but it does not last usually get it when I walk or sit for too long and I know its probably pressure on the stiches and when I rest and relax and all good. Am so reluctant about going back for work so I asked my boss for leave till I deliver just for me to feel safe coz after the surgery the midwife advised me that she usually advises bedrest after the procedure. But all in all it was not a bad experience for me as long as I get the benefits of doing it.
Your doctor will be the best person to advise whether you will need bedrest or continue working but I hear the ones who usually get total bedrest are the ones who get emergency cerclages when the cervix is already too thin.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mwangi1989
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Ohhhhh and for me was told no sex till I deliver so intimacy between me and DH has gone out the window.lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)