Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Difference between normal loose stools before labor and stomach virus?

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:31 PM
  • 3 Replies

I know....I ddin't want to have to post this, but I need some advice on how to tell the difference between the loose stools people talk about before labor begins and a stomach virus. I have a rumbling belly and watery stools. I am 36 weeks today. Yesterday, I had a terrible achy lower back, but that isn't so bad today. Any opinions?

juggling

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
crazymommy2007
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Any nausea or anything? I was terribly constipated my whole pregnancy last time. After I had my son I was given a pretty strong stool softener to go.... Maybe you should call your Dr?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Due9
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:27 PM

No nausea. But I do have lack of appetite and things just run straight through me. It's very watery. I am trying to keep hydrated because i know dehydration is not good and can cause contractions and preterm labor. I think it's just a bug..hopefully.

Quoting crazymommy2007:

Any nausea or anything? I was terribly constipated my whole pregnancy last time. After I had my son I was given a pretty strong stool softener to go.... Maybe you should call your Dr?

juggling

crazymommy2007
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Ya I don't know about where you live but out here this stomach bug has been pretty bad. I say if it doesn't ease up soon to call your Dr. Good luck and I hope you feel better

Quoting Due9:

No nausea. But I do have lack of appetite and things just run straight through me. It's very watery. I am trying to keep hydrated because i know dehydration is not good and can cause contractions and preterm labor. I think it's just a bug..hopefully.

Quoting crazymommy2007:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN