Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

I have been running a fever yesterday and today. It will go up and then come down and then go up again. I took my temp a few hours ago and came back at 101.4. I just took a hot shower....it felt like I couldn't get the water hot enough for my body....and then when I got out I took my temp again and it came back at 103.6. My face feels like it is on fire! I think I have rosaia(sp?) also, haven't been able to get to a dermatologist yet, so typically my face does get warm when I get out of the shower. I haven't had a fever since I have been like 5. I don't know if it is because of the shower or not. My body actually feels fine, it's just my face.

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Replies (11-17):
jamielynn0709
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Thanks ladies. Fever broke during the night. I was sweating like a maniac in my sleep. Still stayed home from work today, thanks for all your input!

x_Starr_x
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:04 AM
2 moms liked this
if you have a fever taking a hot shower is the worst thing you can do you may have a infection on your face and may need a antibiotic cream without seeing your face and knowing more I can't help much more.

-am a nurse

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bookworm97
by Kelly on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:08 AM

agree with this.....taking a hot shower or bath is the worst thing you can do when you have a fever. Like it did for you, it will make it higher. Taking a lukewarm/cool bath/shower will help bring it down. It may feel cold and horrible at the time, but it will help reduce the fever. Also, taking tylenol and ibuprofen will reduce a fever. drink plenty of fluids (nothing with caffeine). Not sure about your face and rosacia. It may just be really red from having a high fever. If things don't get better, see a doc. Oh, and I'm a nurse. :)

Quoting x_Starr_x:

if you have a fever taking a hot shower is the worst thing you can do you may have a infection on your face and may need a antibiotic cream without seeing your face and knowing more I can't help much more.

-am a nurse

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Well anything over 104 is dangerous so recheck it in 30 mins to see if it comes back down from the shower, if its still above 103.5 try some tylenol & see if that helps hun!

jamielynn0709
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Fever broke during the night. I was sweating like a maniac in my sleep. Still stayed home from work today, thanks for all your input!

Quoting x_Starr_x:

-am a nurse

jamielynn0709
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Fever broke during the night. I was sweating like a maniac in my sleep. Still stayed home from work today, thanks for all your input!

Quoting bookworm97:

agree with this.....taking a hot shower or bath is the worst thing you can do when you have a fever. Like it did for you, it will make it higher. Taking a lukewarm/cool bath/shower will help bring it down. It may feel cold and horrible at the time, but it will help reduce the fever. Also, taking tylenol and ibuprofen will reduce a fever. drink plenty of fluids (nothing with caffeine). Not sure about your face and rosacia. It may just be really red from having a high fever. If things don't get better, see a doc. Oh, and I'm a nurse. :

jamielynn0709
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Well anything over 104 is dangerous so recheck it in 30 mins to see if it comes back down from the shower, if its still above 103.5 try some tylenol & see if that helps hun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)