Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

AF is KILLING me ):

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:28 AM
Mel
  • 15 Replies

Man oh man, this is crazy. She showed her face around 10pm last night. I could hardly sleep. Thankfully DH is a sweetie and rubbed my lower stomach where the cramps were until I fell asleep. This morning I am going crazy, I have not had cramps like this in FOREVER and I am in so much pain. I only have to get through 3 hours of class today, thankfully. Is it normal if a cycle is longer to have worse cramps? My cycle was 51/52 days.

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krissy920
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:29 AM

Hope you start feeling better soon. Thank goodness yoru husband is a sweety to help you out. Have you treied a hot or cold pad on it to help  with the pain?

mdm122789
by Mel on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:31 AM

I don't have one ): but that may need to be an investment once DH gets his check on Friday (;

Thanks!

xtriciax
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:34 AM

def a hot pad would help... and yea the longer you cycle in my experience the more it hurts because there is so much more to shed

mdm122789
by Mel on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:35 AM
1 mom liked this

That would make sense, haha. I should have thought of that. I am just glad that she showed up because I was getting worried...

Quoting xtriciax:

def a hot pad would help... and yea the longer you cycle in my experience the more it hurts because there is so much more to shed

marissabrookee
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:50 AM
I'm the same way... my cycle was only 33 days but my periods are awful. My cramps make me wanna call out of work.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mdm122789
by Mel on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:53 AM

I am debating not going to my classes today, but Brian would kill me...Haha. So I know I have to go. 

WOFFT
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Am not having cramps but having heavy AF today :( Sorry hope you're feeling much better already.
WOFFT
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:15 AM
Quoting mdm122789:

I am debating not going to my classes today, but Brian would kill me...Haha. So I know I have to go. 

I know how that is. Am at work but would've been glad to stay home.
Analeigh2012
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:12 PM
AF started for me yesterday morning as I woke up - yuck.
She was 2 days later than normal and my cramps are terrible! I am at work but brought my heating pad with me. If you don't have one - take a damp cloth and microwave for 30 secs or less. Use that on top of your shirt - directly on your skin could burn you if the cloth is too hot!

Your lining does grow slightly thicker if your cycle is longer, but your diet - especially amount of sodium- in the past week makes more of a difference in terms of cramping. More sodium = more water retention = stronger / harder more painful cramps.

Although you may not feel like doing it - exercise will help. Exercise will help reduce the water retained and ease the cramping. I am no exercise fanatic - am overweight. But exercise really will help - walk / jog / treadmill / sit-ups / crunches .... Just work your core. Feel better!!
21Brook
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Mine was bad to with 2days late but when it came on it was horrible.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)