Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Temping Questions

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:34 AM
Mel
  • 5 Replies

1. Do you start after AF is over?

2. What time do you temp? I know some people wake up mid-night to temp.

3. Just to be certain, you need to be in bed and not move at all correct?

I just want to be clear, I think I am going to temp this cycle because the last 3 have been so irregular

(31, 45, 51)

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MrsLuciano02
by Erin on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I temp durring af, at 415am every morning (I work at 530 4 days a week), yea you can not move before you temp, so i keep my bbt under my pillow

mama2gg
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:38 AM
I started cd1 to get a complete look at my chart and cycles

Time doesn't matter as long as its 3-4 hours and the same time. I set alarm for 5am cause I have to be up at 630.

Yes no moving, eating, drinking, talking nothing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rachelz123
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:13 AM
I don't temp during AF because I temp vaginally. I take mine at 5am because that is when DH's alarm goes off. Take it as soon as you wake up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
WOFFT
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Quoting Rachelz123:

I don't temp during AF because I temp vaginally. I take mine at 5am because that is when DH's alarm goes off. Take it as soon as you wake up.

This is what I do but I temp at 4am, that's when my alarm goes off to start the day.
AmandaN1
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:43 AM

1)Yes I start after AF is over. You can do it before, but just know temps can be crazy for a bit before ovulation anyways.

2) I do it as soon as I wake up. I hear DH get up around 6am so I temp then.  Make sure you've slept at least 3-4 hours. Don't move other than to grab BBT.  Then you can go about the morning's business haha.  

I love temping for that reason. That's when I started too because I had insano cycles.  What program are you going to use?? I love fertilityfriend.com because it shows ovulation for you. No guessing with temps and what not until you get used to temping.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured