Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

OT: I do NOT think I am fat, I do NOT think I have to lose weight and I am PROUD OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:19 PM
  • 18 Replies

Everyone I know thinks they're too fat and either are losing weight or want to lose weight, and it's getting on my nerves. Hearing about weight loss this and weight loss that makes me feel like there's something wrong with me because I don't see myself as a fat cow. No wonder so many people are anorexic and bulemic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In today's society if you don't see yourself as needing to lose weight you're considered a pig!!! I know that I am not remotely overweight and I do NOT plan on losing weight. If anything, the way all my bones stick out of my skin I could stand to GAIN 10 pounds!!!!!

**Rant over**

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krissy920
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:29 PM
I think the problem is something like80 % of americans are way overweight.when i went to places like russia or france there were not nearly as many obeese people around. So while there are many people who dont feel they are the right weight due to society saying a size zero is perfect, the real issue is the average size of a woman in the usa is something like a size fourteen. I dont think there is a perfect shape or size but there is a healthy weight for each of us as individuals.
SaGe_Ed
by Georgia on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:34 PM
5 moms liked this

Well, some of us are fat and do need to lose weight.  A large majority of Americans in fact.  So....  Maybe it's not just senseless whining on their part.

20Keller12
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:39 PM
I'm not saying anything against people who legitly need to lose weight. I'm pissed at people who do nothing but act all perfect and healthy and shove weight loss and health fitness crap down everyone's throats. It's like mind your own damn business already.

Quoting SaGe_Ed:

Well, some of us are fat and do need to lose weight.  A large majority of Americans in fact.  So....  Maybe it's not just senseless whining on their part.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SaGe_Ed
by Georgia on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Ahhhh...  I see where you're coming from.  Yeah, I know a few people like that.  They're not my favorite people in the world.  lol

Quoting 20Keller12:

I'm not saying anything against people who legitly need to lose weight. I'm pissed at people who do nothing but act all perfect and healthy and shove weight loss and health fitness crap down everyone's throats. It's like mind your own damn business already.

Quoting SaGe_Ed:

20Keller12
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Yeah. It's like if I decoded to hop on the treadmill, take diet pills and only eat 1200 calories a day, I would end up VERY sick. My metabolism is just way too high for that stuff and I'll be DAMNED if I let those health obsessive freaks cram their belief that everyone has to lose weight down my throat. I wage a constant war against my metabolism to keep weight ON. I can sit on my ass all day and eat cheeseburgers and still drop ten pounds. I don't think I need to have weight loss crammed down must throat.

Quoting SaGe_Ed:

Ahhhh...  I see where you're coming from.  Yeah, I know a few people like that.  They're not my favorite people in the world.  lol

Quoting 20Keller12:

Quoting SaGe_Ed:

-Mommy-2-Three-
38+4 and only 5 days or less until Miss Auvriey will be here :)
Yesterday at 8:49 PM
by Kary on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Quoting 20Keller12:

Quoting SaGe_Ed:

Did you know that by medical standards MOST women need to lose weight even if they look healthy?? My BFF for example is 5'6 & 160 lbs by looking at her you'd likely guess 140-145, she is technicially about 20 lbs overweight even though I think she looks amazing for having had 3 kids but technically she is overweight. So saying people who legitimately need to lose weight is hard to determine without knowing someones EXACT weight & weight & percent body fat :(
sissy852
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:02 PM
i understand that. My mom thinks i should be 110 pounds i am 5 8 and a little over weight but not bad for having 2 kids back to back. And i hate it she says i am way fat and need to loose 75 lbs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
20Keller12
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:08 PM
5'6 1/2", 135 pounds. I recently dumped a few pounds though so 135 is actually a high estimate. Last time I did a body fat % check, it was 8.5%. Women should have 10-14%.

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Quoting 20Keller12:

Quoting SaGe_Ed:

Did you know that by medical standards MOST women need to lose weight even if they look healthy?? My BFF for example is 5'6 & 160 lbs by looking at her you'd likely guess 140-145, she is technicially about 20 lbs overweight even though I think she looks amazing for having had 3 kids but technically she is overweight. So saying people who legitimately need to lose weight is hard to determine without knowing someones EXACT weight & weight & percent body fat :(

20Keller12
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:11 PM
That's just ridiculous. I'm 2" shorter than you and if I was 110 I would look sick. When I was 15 I though I needed to diet so I did weight watchers with my step mom (thank you Dad for telling me what a cow I was). I was 5'3" and no matter how hard I tried I could NOT get below 123.

Quoting sissy852:

i understand that. My mom thinks i should be 110 pounds i am 5 8 and a little over weight but not bad for having 2 kids back to back. And i hate it she says i am way fat and need to loose 75 lbs

-Mommy-2-Three-
38+4 and only 5 days or less until Miss Auvriey will be here :)
Yesterday at 8:49 PM
by Kary on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:22 PM

5'6.5", 135 lbs w/ 8.5% body fat............are you a body builder LOL? Most healthy women have 18-21% body fat lol.

Oh btw I didn't ask how big you were ;) I was just saying some people dont weight what they look so you can judge if something needs to lose weight for health reasons just by physical appearance, thats all! 

Quoting 20Keller12:

5'6 1/2", 135 pounds. I recently dumped a few pounds though so 135 is actually a high estimate. Last time I did a body fat % check, it was 8.5%. Women should have 10-14%.

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Quoting 20Keller12:

Quoting SaGe_Ed:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)