Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT: I do NOT think I am fat, I do NOT think I have to lose weight and I am PROUD OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Everyone I know thinks they're too fat and either are losing weight or want to lose weight, and it's getting on my nerves. Hearing about weight loss this and weight loss that makes me feel like there's something wrong with me because I don't see myself as a fat cow. No wonder so many people are anorexic and bulemic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In today's society if you don't see yourself as needing to lose weight you're considered a pig!!! I know that I am not remotely overweight and I do NOT plan on losing weight. If anything, the way all my bones stick out of my skin I could stand to GAIN 10 pounds!!!!!

**Rant over**

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Replies (11-18):
20Keller12
by Michael on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:35 PM
No. Just a freaky metabolism, dad's genes and too much testosterone during puberty.

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

5'6.5", 135 lbs w/ 8.5% body fat............are you a body builder LOL? Most healthy women have 18-21% body fat lol.

Oh btw I didn't ask how big you were ;) I was just saying some people dont weight what they look so you can judge if something needs to lose weight for health reasons just by physical appearance, thats all! 

Quoting 20Keller12:

5'6 1/2", 135 pounds. I recently dumped a few pounds though so 135 is actually a high estimate. Last time I did a body fat % check, it was 8.5%. Women should have 10-14%.

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Quoting 20Keller12:

I'm not saying anything against people who legitly need to lose weight. I'm pissed at people who do nothing but act all perfect and healthy and shove weight loss and health fitness crap down everyone's throats. It's like mind your own damn business already.

Quoting SaGe_Ed:

Well, some of us are fat and do need to lose weight.  A large majority of Americans in fact.  So....  Maybe it's not just senseless whining on their part.

Did you know that by medical standards MOST women need to lose weight even if they look healthy?? My BFF for example is 5'6 & 160 lbs by looking at her you'd likely guess 140-145, she is technicially about 20 lbs overweight even though I think she looks amazing for having had 3 kids but technically she is overweight. So saying people who legitimately need to lose weight is hard to determine without knowing someones EXACT weight & weight & percent body fat :(

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
luvbeinamommy68
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:08 AM

i am loosing weight. but i need to. im 5'9. this time last year i weighed 245lbs. the last time i weighed myself i was 214. i cant wait till i am under 200!! :)

20Keller12
by Michael on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck! Like I'd told someone else, it's not people that need to lose weight and are that bug me. It's those people that sit and do nothing but cram weight loss and healthy living and all that down everyone else's throats that drive me insane. It's like mind your own damn business.

Quoting luvbeinamommy68:

i am loosing weight. but i need to. im 5'9. this time last year i weighed 245lbs. the last time i weighed myself i was 214. i cant wait till i am under 200!! :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Freckles0808
by Heather on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:56 AM

I'm 5'7" and 115#.  I have to FIGHT to keep weight on.  I try and eat close to 3,000 calories/day.  I track my calories on My Fitness Pal to make sure I'm getting enough.  I have been 110# before, so this is good for me lol.

Quoting 20Keller12:

5'6 1/2", 135 pounds. I recently dumped a few pounds though so 135 is actually a high estimate. Last time I did a body fat % check, it was 8.5%. Women should have 10-14%.

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Quoting 20Keller12:

I'm not saying anything against people who legitly need to lose weight. I'm pissed at people who do nothing but act all perfect and healthy and shove weight loss and health fitness crap down everyone's throats. It's like mind your own damn business already.

Quoting SaGe_Ed:

Well, some of us are fat and do need to lose weight.  A large majority of Americans in fact.  So....  Maybe it's not just senseless whining on their part.

Did you know that by medical standards MOST women need to lose weight even if they look healthy?? My BFF for example is 5'6 & 160 lbs by looking at her you'd likely guess 140-145, she is technicially about 20 lbs overweight even though I think she looks amazing for having had 3 kids but technically she is overweight. So saying people who legitimately need to lose weight is hard to determine without knowing someones EXACT weight & weight & percent body fat :(

20Keller12
by Michael on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Everyone want to be able to do whatever they want but they never think about the other end of it. Because my metabolism is so high I'm eating almost constantly. It really irritates me, too. Not to mention the whole fighting to keep weight on thing.  

Quoting Freckles0808:

I'm 5'7" and 115#.  I have to FIGHT to keep weight on.  I try and eat close to 3,000 calories/day.  I track my calories on My Fitness Pal to make sure I'm getting enough.  I have been 110# before, so this is good for me lol.

Quoting 20Keller12:

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Quoting 20Keller12:

Quoting SaGe_Ed:

ShellBeth
by Michelle on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Are you talking about people who post things on facebook etc. I guess i am confused why you care that they want to be healthy? Them posting things about their workouts or eating routines doesnt mean they are jamming stuff down your throat. Are they actually coming up to YOU and telling YOU you need to change something to be healthier?

Quoting 20Keller12:

Good luck! Like I'd told someone else, it's not people that need to lose weight and are that bug me. It's those people that sit and do nothing but cram weight loss and healthy living and all that down everyone else's throats that drive me insane. It's like mind your own damn business.

Quoting luvbeinamommy68:

20Keller12
by Michael on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:17 PM

No, I'm not talking about people posting their own things. People only talk about what they are doing in their life to be healthy don't bug me. I'm talking about people who come up to me and tell me that I need to lose weight and diet and work out and such. I'm talking about people who say YOU need to do this and YOU need to quit doing this because I think that YOU are too fat and need to lose weight, etc. It's like no. Why don't you go mind your own damn business and let ME worry about MY body and MY life.

Quoting ShellBeth:

Are you talking about people who post things on facebook etc. I guess i am confused why you care that they want to be healthy? Them posting things about their workouts or eating routines doesnt mean they are jamming stuff down your throat. Are they actually coming up to YOU and telling YOU you need to change something to be healthier?

Quoting 20Keller12:

Quoting luvbeinamommy68:

mommy2585
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:41 PM

I'm 5'5 and weight 135. I wear a size 6 and do not feel the need to lose weight, either. :)

Quoting 20Keller12:

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Quoting 20Keller12:

Quoting SaGe_Ed:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured