Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about Prenatal Vitamins

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:54 AM
  • 11 Replies

Hey ladies!!

What have your experiences been with prenatal vitamins and acne? Anyone get acne, acne worsen or acne clear up from using prenatals???

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coleyandtrevor
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:56 AM
I never had much of a change in my complexion with prenatals. I noticed a little difference in my hair and nail growth though.
Freckles0808
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:59 AM

I've never noticed a correlation either...although last month I was severely anemic and had angular chelitis (splits at the corners of my mouth from iron deficiency).  I started taking an iron + B complex supplement on top of my prenatal and my skin is clear.  I never have clear skin, so maybe?

butterflymama21
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:12 AM
I have noticed nails,hair,energy. I also take fish oil, b12 when I need a energy boast.Cranberry pill because I had frequent female problems. It stopped after I have been taking them.Acne well I use a facial cleanser in the shower then seabreeze after.I also changed my makeup. I see a huge difference after getting of bc too. It was so annoying because I think it caused the flare ups.I hope it gets figured out soon even a doctor if it gets real bad.Gl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rushn311
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:33 AM

With my daughter  I got a bad reaction to the prenatal vitamins....don't remember what tho.

With my son, I broke out like crazy until the 2nd semester. It wasn't from the prenatal vitamins...it was from the pregnancy.

ttc1rainbow
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:47 AM

I've been taking prenatals for months...well about a year, and haven't had a change as far as more acne or not. I flare up around AF, that's it 

ShellBeth
by Michelle on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I always notice hair and nails but not complexion. Have you started breaking out since starting them?

trfgirl56701
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Usually I get one or 2 spots around af time but nothing serious. When I was pregnant with ds I broke out worse than I did when I was a teenager.

Eshadowgirl
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Never noticed acne w/ my prenatals.  I take Naturemade Prenatal Multi +DHA

Its a softgel...and works better on my stomach.

MamaXRandi
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Yes I started using prenatels in December and after 3 weeks, my skin was aweful!  I have always had a few here and there, but they are concentrated in one area and just wont clear up!!! :(

I did buy the store brand this time and I might try switching soon if this continues because I didnt get this when trying for our son last time.  And no I am not preggers so its not that causing it.

Randi
Wife to Ryan ~ Mama to Jax (4)

Herlache
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Sorry never had a problem with prenatal vit
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)