• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

emergency surgery and now what

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:39 AM
  • 2 Replies
so i delivered my son jax about 6 weeks ago and the day before my 6 week post check up i was sitting there feedin the baby and thought i peed myself i looked down and was sitting in a pool of blood had to call 911 in the 7 mins it took to get to the hospital i lost bout a 2 litre of blood, tried to take my pants off so they could check me out and blood clots seriously the size of a baby, there was so much blood and clots that the nurses just gave up and had to keep putting towels on it it was so bad they couldnt even get the spectrum in to look they were pulling out clot after clot within 20 mins i was goin into shock bp dropped had 4iv bags just to keep it up ob came in and rush me up to surgery said when the placenta came out there must have been fragments left in my uterus that caused it to hemorrhage that bad, i had to have a blood transfusion and several bags of coagulates and a dnc. However they are worried it burrowed itself into my uterus which in that case they wanna remove my female parts, dh and i would like 1 more but at this point i dunno i go see my ob feb 14 to see what my options are im bein discharged this am still have some bleeding but not as much
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
DevonD83
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:42 AM
That is so scary!! I'm glad your ok and sorry you have to go through all of this. Hoping for good news for you
g.g83
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:45 PM
I'm so sorry I hope all turns out well I'll keep you in my prayers!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)