• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does everyone in here test every month?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:08 AM
  • 36 Replies
It seems like a lot of TTC ladies can't wait to be 7-12 dpo so they can test, which I understand wanting to know as soon as you can- I've got a lot of TTC years under my belt, I've been there.

After all my unsuccessful years, I just can't handle monthly BFN's, so I never test. Even when i did get my BFP with baby Betty, I was 2 weeks late for AF because I'm so test-shy. Does anyone else just wait for AF?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
joshnethansmom2
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:11 AM

i didn't last month but i think i will this month....we've have sex plenty this week so im hoping that's  enough

ttc1rainbow
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:12 AM

I don't. Only way I will now is if AF is late or I have some significant sign that isn't normal in my tww. Even that is pushing it though since symptoms can change so much.

So_Devious20
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:13 AM
mostly yes. I think from now on I'll wait until I'm late or if my bbt is still up the day af is due
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
destiny2nv
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:34 AM
I do! I'm just like you! I can't stand bfn , I also hate reading to much into PG tests, yucky My hopes get up, then bam lol
TheyAreMyLoves
by Shantelle on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Some months I don't test at all unless I'm late. Some months I'm literally peeing on SOMETHING every day (OPK, HPT).
HW614
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:04 AM

With my first I didn't test till af was almost a week late. I didn't know you could get a + earlier than that.  I really liked that way, the line was instantly, obviously positive. With my second I tested and got a faint + at10 dpo. I was more stressed finding out so early.

I don't test every month, especially cause my af is always right on time. It's hard though. Not sure I'll be able to wait this cycle! lol.

xtriciax
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:08 AM

ive been bad with teest this month.... its awful wish i could just not test lol

trfgirl56701
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:52 AM

I usually wait. I hate seeing that bfn so I avoid it as much as possible. I have tested right before af was due when I just felt off but then af would show up that day or the next. Last month I waited until I was a couple days late but it was bfn so I didn't test again.

jdixon12
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:11 AM

I just wait for af to be late due to being so irregular.

MiKaLa88
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:42 AM

I don't test unless AF is a no show.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)