Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ya'll asked for an update...

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:15 AM
  • 43 Replies
So here ya go.
Dh forgot the pregnancy test in his excitement over getting such an awesome deal on a car he wants to flip. I forgave him when he promised Joe's crab shack after the blood tests:-)

I get to the lab, I ask the lady if progesterone is on there, she looks and says no, but if I want to I can carry the papers upstairs and have them order that test. She calls and I head up, they call it in to my doctor who is at the main office, she sends it right away. I go back down.
Dh explains to the lab tech that I had a panic attack and was passing out etc at my last test, so straight to the bed I go. She explains that one test is six vials of blood and its the largest and most are 2 vials, a few are just one. She searches my right arm for a Vein..... she searches my left arm, goes back to the right and settles on the left. I am telling ya I think my veins packed up and moved out when they heard 6 vials of blood for one test. This poor lady (I am at this time concerned about her because she literally is stressing out over not finding veins, I guess she didn't hear the door slam behind them as they ran out) she gets the biggest vein, slides the needle in, all is good, when gets three vials, I feel burning, she notices the vein is growing an knot, she quick gets two more and gently slides the needle out. Great, a knot has grown, my arm is throbbing, it hurts tmi move it, and a bruise is starting. She does the whole pressure and massage to try to keep it from getting bad.
On to the right arm. She finds a vein she is happy with. The needle goes in and the vein rolls..... and rolls and rolls and rolls.
I called it quits, I will go back on Friday and retry. My veins are always hard to find and they always roll.

It suckity suck sucks .....
Does anyone want to give me a cookie? :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs_Blick
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Boo sounds sucky! Id give you one or two for dealing with that
eesmommy
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this
:-) we are officially besties forever. Lol

Quoting Mrs_Blick:

Boo sounds sucky! Id give you one or two for dealing with that

Bero2007
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:26 AM
At my one drs office they take 8 minutes to find a vein miss try the other arm miss and then go for the hand. So yeah I feel your pain. When I went in for my progesterone test last week this sweet guy with a cute southern accent found the vein and drew blood in less than a minute. I think I love him. First time ever.
Rushn311
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Ugh, that's horrible. My veins are  usually hard to find too but a good nurse will find one. Have them take it from your hands!!

eesmommy
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Swoon, my dh is a cutie with a southern accent... I have no clue why my eggs aren't stacked up waiting for him to fertilize them cuz I think I heard my womb scream in ecstasy every time he opened his mouth to speak before we got married lol. I literally counted the hours till I could just melt into his voice lol. Heck, I still do, lol sometimes I call him and ask about his day and just sit there drooling. :-) that was way tmi ... sorry... lol

Quoting Bero2007:

At my one drs office they take 8 minutes to find a vein miss try the other arm miss and then go for the hand. So yeah I feel your pain. When I went in for my progesterone test last week this sweet guy with a cute southern accent found the vein and drew blood in less than a minute. I think I love him. First time ever.

eesmommy
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:38 AM
She has always found veins .... there is a guy there who finds them but he blew my vein right after my first MC and dh was devastated so he kinda said the guy was a last resort. I seriously looked aweful and dh had to work hard not to get very upset. The nurse and the guy who did it both said it was the worst they had seen ever.

Quoting Rushn311:

Ugh, that's horrible. My veins are  usually hard to find too but a good nurse will find one. Have them take it from your hands!!

eesmommy
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Wait! You said progesterone! How was it? Good, bad? Are you pregnant?

Quoting Bero2007:

Rushn311
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Blowing  a vein?  OMGSH! :( Poor thing.

Quoting eesmommy:

She has always found veins .... there is a guy there who finds them but he blew my vein right after my first MC and dh was devastated so he kinda said the guy was a last resort. I seriously looked aweful and dh had to work hard not to get very upset. The nurse and the guy who did it both said it was the worst they had seen ever.

Quoting Rushn311:

ShellBeth
by Michelle on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Oh no! That is horrible! So did they get to run any test with the blood they got?

eesmommy
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Yep. I came home and my arm hurt, didn't think much of it since I was sort of out of it mentally. DD had a friend come over for a playdate and DS had a friend over as well.... sort of a way to keep it all normal for them. I had had the blood draw in the morning and slowly over the day, it was like an egg grew under my skin, by 2:30 when I went to pick DS up from school I couldn't bend that arm. I got back home and called dh and he called a friend who is a nurse and she said it was blown and to ice it and no lifting. By 10:00 that night my elbow was twice the normal size, I couldn't bend it and the "egg" stood about an inch off my arm. The bruise went halfway up my upper arm and halfway down to my wrist. It lasted for a month and a half.

Quoting Rushn311:

Blowing  a vein?  OMGSH! :( Poor thing.

Quoting eesmommy:

Quoting Rushn311:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)