Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ya'll asked for an update...

Posted by   + Show Post
So here ya go.
Dh forgot the pregnancy test in his excitement over getting such an awesome deal on a car he wants to flip. I forgave him when he promised Joe's crab shack after the blood tests:-)

I get to the lab, I ask the lady if progesterone is on there, she looks and says no, but if I want to I can carry the papers upstairs and have them order that test. She calls and I head up, they call it in to my doctor who is at the main office, she sends it right away. I go back down.
Dh explains to the lab tech that I had a panic attack and was passing out etc at my last test, so straight to the bed I go. She explains that one test is six vials of blood and its the largest and most are 2 vials, a few are just one. She searches my right arm for a Vein..... she searches my left arm, goes back to the right and settles on the left. I am telling ya I think my veins packed up and moved out when they heard 6 vials of blood for one test. This poor lady (I am at this time concerned about her because she literally is stressing out over not finding veins, I guess she didn't hear the door slam behind them as they ran out) she gets the biggest vein, slides the needle in, all is good, when gets three vials, I feel burning, she notices the vein is growing an knot, she quick gets two more and gently slides the needle out. Great, a knot has grown, my arm is throbbing, it hurts tmi move it, and a bruise is starting. She does the whole pressure and massage to try to keep it from getting bad.
On to the right arm. She finds a vein she is happy with. The needle goes in and the vein rolls..... and rolls and rolls and rolls.
I called it quits, I will go back on Friday and retry. My veins are always hard to find and they always roll.

It suckity suck sucks .....
Does anyone want to give me a cookie? :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:15 AM
Replies (21-30):
EthansMomma2010
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:14 AM

here's your virtual cookie.

EthansMomma2010
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:15 AM

my veins are super hard to draw too. realized that back when they were easy i was working out and cleaning a horse barn for a living. when your arm recovers try doing some reps with a weight to make your veins pop better. :)

eesmommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:17 AM
I live you! Thank you! Lol and they are hearts too, with pink frosting and sprinkles! You rock!

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

here's your virtual cookie.

eesmommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol yes ma'am.

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

my veins are super hard to draw too. realized that back when they were easy i was working out and cleaning a horse barn for a living. when your arm recovers try doing some reps with a weight to make your veins pop better. :)

Seximama23
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:21 AM
My veins roll too..they have to tie the band on tight. Have me pump my first then hold it tight, then they use a butterfly needle on me.
beeluv611
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:27 AM

That does suck! But it sounds like you did a great job with handling it. Better than last time. ;]

krystyneh
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Sounds like she didnt anchor the vein correctly...I can do phlebotomy and watch I've always been told and learned is veins only roll if u for anchor then correctly. Hopefully next time they can do it correctly so they can get your blood :)
eesmommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:33 AM
I know! I actually laughed some during all her poking lol. Dh always makes me laugh though. :-)

Quoting beeluv611:

That does suck! But it sounds like you did a great job with handling it. Better than last time. ;]

eesmommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:37 AM
If she would have tied that thing any tight my arm would have snapped in two! I guess its hereditary? Maybe? My dad is the same way.... we both have a vein in the right arm that comes down to the elbow and splits into two veins and the left arm the vein sits off to the side instead of being centered. I had meningitis as a child and they blew every vein they could actually get and the rest just rolled, when the tech came to take my dads blood she said his were exactly the same.

Quoting krystyneh:

Sounds like she didnt anchor the vein correctly...I can do phlebotomy and watch I've always been told and learned is veins only roll if u for anchor then correctly. Hopefully next time they can do it correctly so they can get your blood :)

eesmommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:38 AM
We did all that, its supposed to work... then again, I guess I am special lol

Quoting Seximama23:

My veins roll too..they have to tie the band on tight. Have me pump my first then hold it tight, then they use a butterfly needle on me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured