Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

really mad at my cousin!

Posted by   + Show Post
My cousin ( well 2nd cousin ) is great. I love her to death. But she can be very obnoxious. I won't go into detail, for it would take all night. But yesterday I had enough. We have 4 children . Our youngest is going to be 4 weeks on Monday. He took much much MUCH longer to conceive then our other 3. In fact we had decided to give up on TTC when I found out I was pregnant.. so naturally I'm already thinking about baby #5. I have to wait longer due to an emergency c section . But non then less I want one more or two..I want a big family. I come from a bug family.. anyway I've been having issues with my mom lately and my cousin called me last night to check on me. She all of a sudden switches over to then fact that I want to conceive again. And that a big family isn't going to give me what I need from my mom. And that my kids might grow up and some may not get along. And a big family won't keep my marriage together ( we had a big bump in the road 3 years ago and mind you haven't had but a minor disagreement since ) and that a big family isn't always what you see on TV.. umm where the hell did all this come from???? I was livid! Then she said It.. " why didn't you just tie your tubes. Four kids is enough for anyone"... I was Bout to blow my top!.. how dare you.. you can't tell someone when enough is enough! I was appauld. And confused being she is one of six siblings herself and her sister has 6 kids whom she loves dearly!.. sorry I neeed to vent!. It took us so long to have our last child that it made me realize how blessed we are to have him here and that I want to continue to add more blessings if its in gods plan :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Replies (11-16):
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I think if you and dh agree to have another baby it's not anyone else's decision. Sure they'll give their opinion but ultimately it's up to you and dh. My inlaws think we should wait until ds is older (he's currently 2.5) since dh and his brother are 6 years apart. I don't want to wait that long since I think we'll be done after this one.

MiKaLa88
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I'm sorry girl. It's no one else's business whether you want more children or not. Do  what is best for you and forget about the rest!

nikkifam5
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Thanks! I am most definitely going to do what makes our family happy. I don't get the complex people have about big families..

Quoting MiKaLa88:

I'm sorry girl. It's no one else's business whether you want more children or not. Do  what is best for you and forget about the rest!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tiffluv81
by Tiffanie on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I can relate also instead I hear girl God don't want you to have no kids he has other plans. Im 31 still no children and hear someone says that to me I just want to die,it hurt so bad. I dont know if they dont realize how it really affects us but man i just gave up anyhow on ttc im sick of it.

Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:05 PM

I can just imagine the reaction from DH's family when we get pregnant again. We already have 4 also and they too have the mindset that we don't "need" any more children. Not their life not thier business

RussiansWoman
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:53 PM

I say its no ones business, if you have the resources to properly care for a big family then be fruitful and multiply until you feel you are done!  Personally I have a his, mine and we are working on ours family. At present there are a total of 5 children...3 mine  2h his.....big families are fun =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured